Well I geneally play 2-3 tables at a time depending on what other distractions are around. I feel this fills my time and keep me playing tight (obviously not tight enough) but gives me the time to look for other good tables and play an extra one for a few minutes while I wait to sit out a big blind. I never play more than 4 tables as I can get swamped if more than a couple hands past the flop. Its a shame when I hit the nuts but don't have the time to extract value.
Thanks guys for those comments. I compiled a list or ways to improve my game and hopefully become a winning player over the next 10k hands.
1) Generally tighten up my pre-flop play. I do however prefer a more loose free-wheeling style as I have found that playing too tight at this level can make it hard to get action. Everone hates raising UTG with KK or AA and only picking up the SB. I will aim for VPIP of 18-20 with a high Pre-flop raise value.
2) I also need to tighten up my blind stealing strategy. I use poker stove to find the hands that give a 10% edge over 1-2 apponents and use this to form a set of blind stealing hands. I will consider using the best for stealing from the cut-off and the rest for stealing from the button.
3) I will re-think the hands and situations where I raise from the SB, what do you guys think is reasonable? 15%? 20%? I could always just ignore the half bet already in and treat it jus like bad early position!
4) I need to stop being drawn in when a short stack pulls the all-in trigger but at the same time remember that a mid pair is pretty even against AK and AQ so pot odds
could well make it worthwhile.
5) I will TRY TO stop re-raising people after the flop when I have not made my hand and there are overcards. I will TRY TO remember that just because I raised pre-flop and they merely called, it doent mean they couldn't have connected!
6) I will STOP calling the re-raise from the guy in later position when I have a pocket pair JJ or below. It never seems to end well as overcards are often usually on the way plus I am out of position. Set mining though could be an option but stack sizes would need to be huge to make it worth a go.
7) lastly, I will start playing suited connectors and suited gappers from 67s-89s plus 79s and 8Ts. Havent really decided on a calling strategy yet but will look into it!
What do you guys think? any more ideas?