Regular Tables Vs Tables Zoom

D

Dasndi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, how are you?

I would like to know an opinion of other regular players of higher limits regarding ZOOM tables, which today is my doubt and I believe it may be from other partners of the game as well.

With this new advent of the functionality of Fast Fold adopted by some platforms better known in PS as ZOOM tables, I have been realizing some points:

Pros:
- Print a larger volume of hands
- Exercise better the range x position

Cons:
- We've lost some of the feel of exploring tilt players, specific fishes, and individuality.
- We lost how to work our self image on a table
- Complicates a bit making more precise notes of some opponents due to the agility and dynamics of the tables

Note:
- As much as we can use HUD's to trap our opponents and identify him, the sensitivity is relatively not the same.

With these remarks made by me, which I am by no means claiming to be true, are only my position at the moment. My questions would be:

Would a novice player who started his career at zoom tables might have a learning gap from other regular players who had their basic training at regular tables?
Why have some Hight Stakes professionals joined in to play zoom tables? Would it be because of rakeback due to the greater number of hands played in that mode? Or because of a greater number of recreational players where we can extract value

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, but I like firing up some Zoom tables to get the brain flow going and get in a groove. I mean I can play a lot of hands on a regular table by increasing the amount of tables played, but I'm not a big fan of having 10+ tables open at once.

It gets really annoying when I'm post flop on several tables and I'm timing out on other tables. Some people can obviously play with 24 tables, but not me. So basically I prefer Zoom > Reg tables, but every now and then I'll play some regular tables.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of zoom as it is a tough world to apply much in the way of table reads. I prefer full ring for cash games and tournaments so variance is less of an issue.

D

Dasndi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, with several screens at the same time we end up making mistakes which in normal situation we would not commit. I'd rather play 4 screens at most.

D

Dasndi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest benefit of zoom, is that we play more in less time.

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the zoom as the opportunity to play more hands, do not wait ... But the zoom makes it impossible to study the opponents, catch the trick to their game.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest benefit of zoom, is that we play more in less time.

Nop,the benefit of zoom is to get good cards in less time.
Regular tables ->aggresive players
Zoom tables ->passive players

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hand strength stays same in both formats, remember hand strength is relative.

For me the biggest benefit of zoom is that I don’t have to try to find table that stays together also trying to find a table with bad player is total boredom.

Every problem would be solved if they would move to regular table pool, where you are automatically sitted and breaking tables are combined in similar manner than in tourneys.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ANother con for zoom is that in 6-max tables zoom eats more BB because you play fewer hands (you fold more often than regular tables).

Not a very big deal but still a factor.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regular tables bring me a larger profit than the zoom table. If there is enough time for the session, I prefer to play the usual tables, but if time is short, then of course zoom 6 max, there is more action.

Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep in mind that poker is a game of people and not of cards. At the regular tables you will gradually meet the opponents. On the tables zoom you do not have time to meet opponents.

So if you play tables zoom you have to use HUD. Some pro players play at most 4 tables at once because zoom cash is very difficult. Start with a tabel zoom and a regular table and slowly open a new table.

Each player has its own rhythm, development ...

Good luck.

K

ksidrew

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ryan Fee just made a pretty in depth video on this exact topic. Check it out here

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tried my first zoom tourny today on stars and finished 59th, I like the idea but boy is tiring 😑 didn't see a hand for 40 mins then slipped away hoping for a flush !

Keeping track and noting is hard work also, and I guess not seeing the flop if you fold you gain little info on the field, only if they have chips or not