Great post, I've recently started to played a few Razz MTT's and find them very fun. I've also been looking around the internet for any articles or tutorials. Anyway, here's how I play Razz:
- In the start of the tourney I never play any hands with cards higher than 7 from the start. If there's alot of people behind you I prefer 6high.
- It seems like there's a lot of players that don't have any clue at all and call with mostly anything in the start. I see people all the time keep betting to the river with T or J high with several players in the pot calling. Attacking their chips also helps me alot.
- In any point of the tournament I never check if I think I have the winning hand, unless the opponent is drawing dead and I'm certain he will bet.
- If I hit the last 2 tables with a decent stack (average or higher) I play very aggressive. In this stage I feel that people fold a whole lot more, and they are even easier to bluff.
- Last thing: observe how players play when they have an open Ace, some people raise no matter what they have, and are easy to push away on 4th street, others only play them if they have good pocket cards aswell.
So far gotten 1x1th, 1x2nd, 1x4th and 1x15th out of 6 tourneys with 80-150 players. These tourneys have been played within the last 10 days or something like that, so I'm retty confident that my strategy is at least good enough. (Yes, I may have been very lucky)