Rake

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come poker sites no longer show the accumulated rake in a hand on the table? Is this a setting you can change or are they hiding how much they take? It always used to be showed on the table.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How come poker sites no longer show the accumulated rake in a hand on the table? Is this a setting you can change or are they hiding how much they take? It always used to be showed on the table.

I never realized it, which room are you talking about ?! at pokerstars i never noticed!

:stupido3:

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't seen a rake display at pokerstars or party poker for a long time. It always used to display near the dealer chip position. I think this is a sly way of hiding how much they are taking from a pot. Why should we have to calculate it? As far as I'm concerned they have quietly removed this and probably increased the rake at the same time.

D

DavidSWE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed this recently and I had the same thoughts. Not wanting to remind players that they charge for playing.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rake, this is the worst thing in poker

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They clearly have to take something as that's how they make money. But the sites should be transparent about it. The onus should not be on the players to do the maths.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They clearly have to take something as that's how they make money. But the sites should be transparent about it. The onus should not be on the players to do the maths.

They are very straight forward about it. Atleast if we are talking the bigger sites. You can read all that in the terms and conditions. Also for each "promotion" you will usually find separate T&C.

They won't show if not necessary though. Why should they? Most players are just ignorant when it comes to dissecting the game. Don't want to scare away your customers... And in the end the money wich feeds the ecosystem comes from those guy's that aren't even aware there is rake.