Putting people on a range

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I play at the micro stakes the more I realize on most of the players you can't really put them on a range. They play any hand weather you pre bet or not. I mean you can tell who is a regular pretty fast. Making notes helps you remember but most of the people in the hands are really playing with anything. If you'll go all in with 10,4 then really what is your range? If I won a few then I wouldn't complain. I mean I can always talk myself into thinking they could have a better hand than me.

I just made a play to steal the SB at bb. He limped so I shoved with a,4 suited. He called with 5,2 off. I flop the 4, so of coarse on the famous river he got the five. I mean really, this is the six time this morning I've made great jam ahead to lose. To some lucky short hand. Was i a huge favorite no but he'll he didn't know that. I'm on a down swing so just about anything I get involved in loses. 2/18 with aces last five days. But really the donk strategy is killing me.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at the micros probably no strategy to play more intelligently by NL25

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the micros you gotta play tight, no fancy play required, unless you run bad, you should make small profits each session. Players play by feeling and its better to not provoke them, ie. just call down with non premium etc, else they go in maniac mode and keep raising with junk and give you a hard time.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At micro levels play tight and try to exert some pot control. There are many players at this level who are calling stations. It's often better to take the small pot than amp up the bets and then end up loosing on the river. At least if you keep it small you live to fight another hand.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All hands are a gamble expect aces pre flop and even aces lose 20% of the time....get ur chips post flop.