Pro players to avoid at all cost!

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a goal of one day playing with a table full of well known pros like Phil helmuth and Phil Laak. However there’s certain players I’d avoid at all cost. Such as...

Daniel Negraneau
Tom Dwan
Phil Ivey

Just to name a few...

Who would be your nightmare poker opponent you’d avoid playing?

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one.In order to become best poker player in the world you must defeat them all.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to chalenge them all. If you want to be pro, you need defeat pro's. Its like "i want to be a driver, but for all cost i will be avoiding crossroads ant turns, i want only straight roads". Haha :D

M

magicsharky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a few online players that I think are great and would like to play against them, Fedor Holtz, Connor Drinan, Chris Moorman, Cal Anderson, Igor Kurganov and Trueteller on pokerstars, forgot his real name, these just to name a few, these guys are beast and I would like to beat them all, why avoid them, you must kill your biggest enemies to become great.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Defeating a professional is said loudly. You would have just sat down with them at the same table and played. This is enough for you for a long time. We say - DREAM is not harmful.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would like to face all those players, I do not consider any of them a nightmare, you just have to be the best

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to chalenge them all. If you want to be pro, you need defeat pro's. Its like "i want to be a driver, but for all cost i will be avoiding crossroads ant turns, i want only straight roads". Haha :D
your right i play poker because i dream of being a legend of poker i think thats the only reason to play poker so playing a legend is a good place to become a legend.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professionals are also only human, with that in mind I'd say they make mistakes too, especially if they have an arrogant attitude like I'm better than you. I'd say we amateurs would have an opportunity there. :) my opinion is don't be afraid of any player, a better player can only make you a better player :) hope this post makes sense :)

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to play with any pro.
Curious as to why you want to avoid them?

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to play all the PRO Ho's I mean Maria Ho,
Kristen Bicknell and Liv Boeree would be nice to play them all with some luck, and take all there chips.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This question was posed in a different thread a little differently. I would like to play any pro except Tony G. He is too annoying. The fact that I would have the oppertunity to play with a pro would mean I am good enough and that would be my dream. I played with the background pros while at the MGM Grand a few years back. I held my own until realized who I was playing with. Hahahah once I regonized 3 of the players then the rest I fell apart. I have also played with Pros in Joburg for four days, came away about $5,000 up. Now I do not care who I play.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noone. Names don't matter at the table.

MrDuke76

MrDuke76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what everyone is saying and I agree. To be the best u must beat the best. I just feel like it would cost me a lot of money to learn to play with those caliber of players like Negreanu and Ivey. I feel like they are on a whole different level. Negreanu regularly reads and calls out his opponents hands and is often correct. I mean how the heck do you deal with something like that lol

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What do you think happens when the best players play against one another? Imagine perfect opponents in a poker battle. Does it sound like a very profitable activity? Maybe for the house... But otherwise playing against the best is contrary to profit.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am one person with VERY high anxiety. I am not afraid to play them. I put my headphones and play game. Period! I would be nervous as hell, but to be the best you have to play the best and win, lose, or draw I can say I did it!

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what everyone is saying and I agree. To be the best u must beat the best. I just feel like it would cost me a lot of money to learn to play with those caliber of players like Negreanu and Ivey. I feel like they are on a whole different level. Negreanu regularly reads and calls out his opponents hands and is often correct. I mean how the heck do you deal with something like that lol
well i can say this thaat there on a whole differantt level because of the differance in money. Have u ever noticed when try to bluff at a micro stakes table it never works well thats because of the money involved the higher the stakes involve a differance in play. but also its about how much u have to lose that dtermines if u call or not. so if u have enough to play with them then u can beat them

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest I don’t think you can get to the top without thinking your the best player in the world. Aside from this I think it’s more profitable to spend your time at tables that don’t have other top pros at it.

It depends what game your playing I think. If I was playing 6 max cash I’d rather have Negreanu at my table than LLinusLLove for sure.

Laak and Esfandiari would be an absolute blast to have at your table but you’re probably going to be going home broke lol. In the end it’s just a game and a top level pros can only play their cards so well. You don’t have to be afraid of any of them if your better than all of them :)