Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically as the title says, which one do you own/use?

If you would like to point out why you use one over the other, good points and bad points would be great.

I am about to start the trial of PT3 and then I will trial HEM aswell before making a decision on which to buy but would love some opinions from people that have used them a lot and know them inside out.

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personal preference. The 2 mentioned are the top 2 out there and you won't go wrong with either one. Download 1 then the other, do the trial version of both and see which one you liked best. GL!

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have PT3 and have done the free trial of HEM. HEM is a lot better imo. it's a more stable program. I like the interface a lot better. They both do the same thing, I just think organizing the stats and looking at your play is a lot better with HEM. So when I have enough in my BR to buy HEM I will.

A

Aqqachar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Holdem manager. I got pt3 too, but i like HEM more.
But since the programs do pretty much the same thing, it's all about personal preference.

L

Lonsdaleite

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do either of these programs work with other forms of poker than holdem?

Is there anything like this for stud, or omaha?

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do either of these programs work with other forms of poker than holdem?

Is there anything like this for stud, or omaha?

The standard programs are intended for Texas Holdem. However, Holdem Manager has an Omaha version available, and Poker Tracker has versions for Omaha and for Stud.

M

Myar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have both, I no longer even keep PT3 installed.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to sum it up is this.

Poker tracker three is the more powerful of the two in terms of customisation of stats and reports.

HEM Has a far better interface.

95% of users will never utilise the power of poker tracker. Therefore 95% of users would be better using HEM.

P

PokerJoeAAAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started to use HM it is really great to keep track of your winnings. and i really like the hand replayer. still try to learn what all the stats mean, and how to apply the info to the game.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question--If I have been using poker tracker--can I send my stats over to HM if I start a trial there?

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question--If I have been using poker tracker--can I send my stats over to HM if I start a trial there?

Not easily

PT3's output format is incompatiable with HEM (so I am told)

You could, however reimport from the "procced folder". You would get everything bar the player notes.

A bit of tweaking and you could have PT3 output to "almost processed"

HEM then import from there and output to "processed".

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After using both It's not even close IMO.
I had used PT2 and PTO for 2+ years before I purchased PT3. What an upgrade vs PT2 for sure.

But after a few months I decided to try HEM. I didn't even make it to the end of the free trial before I purchased it. Along with having just one tracker for HE and PLO, I imediately felt more comfortable with the interface and the responsiveness of the developers.

There is seldom more than a days wait for an update after a site changes things, and if they need to, they will keep updating until all the bugs are out.
Their service is just a bonus, but a big bonus indeed.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How long is the trial period for HEM?

jjbish

jjbish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 days (just checked their site). So rather than a hand count max, you are able to put it thru a few typical sessions.

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use PT3, as I couldn't get HEM to work for some reason.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I own PT3 but if i where buying a tracker today i would go with HEM.

Its basicly the same program but HEM has the better interface,easier to use and bring out updates quicker.
If had a few update related bugs with PT3, nothing that wasnt fixed in a couple days but HEM just seems to have alot less of thouse problems.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried the HEM trial and liked it alot. Still bit confused on what everything does but im sure when ive got some more money comming in i'll treat my self to HEM (i know it's only $55 but im a bit tight ATM lol) and start to tweak/learn it. It does look very nice....

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have both, and I prefer Holdem manager over PT3..

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy PT3, and I like that it imports my tournament results.

I remember reading the HEM didn't support tournaments, not sure if this is still/was ever true.

JMTalbert

JMTalbert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Tourney Stats

I remember reading the HEM didn't support tournaments, not sure if this is still/was ever true.

I'm interested in some different software, but haven't tried either of these two. I have used Poker Edge in the past, but am not real impressed, but still thinking about adding some tools to my shed. Does Hold EM Manager really not support stats for SNG's or MTT's? That would be a huge negative in my considerations.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it true that you can find LAG players with Poker Tracker?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested in some different software, but haven't tried either of these two. I have used Poker Edge in the past, but am not real impressed, but still thinking about adding some tools to my shed. Does Hold EM Manager really not support stats for SNG's or MTT's? That would be a huge negative in my considerations.
You do realize that poker edge/crusher is a illegal software and if PS/FT find out your using they could lock your acount.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I am using the trial version of HEM at the moment and it difinately supports Sit n Gos. Havent tried a MTT yet but im 99% sure it supports them to

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know of any good PT3 or HEM video tutorials? Iv googled but having trouble finding anything decent...

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide