iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

Hello .You have the opportunity to get knowledge of books or internet in order to have more skill and agility .When i started playing poker i was a really fish ,during the time i learned how to steal blinds ,the possibilities , the position etc .So i believe books and internet may help you a lot if you want to be better at poker .

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen - Every hand revealed
Mental game of poker
are very good poker books you must read !

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I highly recommend The Grinder's Manual by Peter Clarke, especially if you play six max cash games.

I've just started working my way through it and I already feel significantly more confident of the moves I'm making and then easily identifying mistakes when I do make one.

If you're playing tourneys or full ring cash games Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem by Jonathan Little is a great place to start also.

Hope this Helps!

P

Phoenix14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I highly recommend The Grinder's Manual by Peter Clarke, especially if you play six max cash games.

I've just started working my way through it and I already feel significantly more confident of the moves I'm making and then easily identifying mistakes when I do make one.

If you're playing tourneys or full ring cash games Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem by Jonathan Little is a great place to start also.

Hope this Helps!

Jeezus christ The Grinder's Manual is more than 500 pages

It's kind of what I was looking for though so I'm going to tough it out.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Mental Game of Poker. It's a must read.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeezus christ The Grinder's Manual is more than 500 pages

It's kind of what I was looking for though so I'm going to tough it out.

Hahaha yeah it's supposed to be all encompassing. I'm about 4 chapters in and I really like how it's structured. One topic builds on the next and he works through hands and references previous chapters to reinforce. I'm planning on coming back to it a few times in between reading other poker books once I finish it for the first time.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read quite a few and I can promise you that you'll get much more from YouTube and tracking you hands. Take the hands you track and run them through flopzilla and see where you're making mistakes. If books are just your thing Excelling at No-Limit Hold'em by Jonathan Little

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I read only two books. I can not say that thanks to these books, I greatly improved my results, but they had a certain positive impact on my game.
1. Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners".
2. Andrew Seidman "The Easy Game".

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for info) harrington is very good)

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What poker books have helped you most with your game?

If books are your thing Jonathan Little has quite a few out there that are definitely worth reading, and he keeps putting them out so its fresh. But if you can though I'd recommend checking out hand analysis on you tube. There's tons of free content out there. Guys like Doug Polk, Jonathan Little, Brad Owen, Daniel Negreanu, Andrew Neeme, and many others put out new content daily.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What poker books have helped you most with your game?
Here are just some of the very good books to improve: Doyle Brunson, Dan Harrington, Daniel Negreanu, Paul Mendelson, David Sklansky
Bookspoker