Pocket Rockets

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am on the Button with aces in 1/2 live cash game. It limps around to me I bet $25 the flop come 3d 9d 10d it folds to the small blind bets $75 I call and it folds to me and me and the small blind are heads up. The turn card is A of clubs small blind shoves do I call the $400? Or fold with the board being flush heavy? I end up folding did I make the right flold? Trip aces vs flush heavy board.

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more info! How many limpers were there? How many called the 25? Did you hold the ace of diamonds? The amount of players in the hand and size of the pot are really important for this hand.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see a fold there ......like unless you've read this person over the time you were playing and know his bet style you have to make the call.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you're more likely to be in an overpair situation where your villain is trying to represent having an ace (whereas he likely holds a lower pocket pair). You can't fold a set of aces here just because he might have a flush. It's just too unlikely and you will lose money if you do that over the long run. It is a call here for me.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you give SB a range of 44+,A5s+,KJs+,A8o+,KJo+, you are 82% ahead of him without the :ad4: and 97% ahead of him with the :ad4:.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he going to be shoving there and risking driving you out of the pot with a flush maybe he's got a low flush and wants protection from single diamond hands like AX with the ace of diamonds from catching and improving. Think it could go either way depending on your read and previous history v this player but think it's a call for me

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you give SB a range of 44+,A5s+,KJs+,A8o+,KJo+, you are 82% ahead of him without the :ad4: and 97% ahead of him with the :ad4:.

That's a massive range to be giving the Sb considering he's called hero's significant raise.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a massive range to be giving the Sb considering he's called hero's significant raise.

Yes it is a wide range. But I've seen players call wider against bigger opens. At $1-$2 or $1-$3, some players will do anything to see a flop.

O

OmenTX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to think about the player you’re playing, how many hands you’ve seen them play. If they have been playing straight up, tight, and aggressive I can see a fold in your hand played.

I think you call if you think you got it and fold if you think you’re beat. You really just need a read on the villain. Which, isn’t always easy, but you’re most likely not folding top set most of the time.

If you had the Ac you got a better reason to call.

Here’s my example from last night.

Winstar - 1/2 Cash Game

Straddle UTG $4. 2 calls. I’m in the Small Blind and raise to $20 with AdAs . Straddle calls . Everyone else folds.

Flop 2cAh9c, flop top set
I raise to $20 straddle calls.

Turn 3c
I raise to $30. Straddle calls.

River 6d
Raise to $75. Straddle raises to $140 (~$100 behind)

I call. Turn over top set.
Straddle turns over 5c8c.

What a cooler.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be scared of the flush on a flopped monotone board....until I learned the odds of flopping a flush are 118 to 1

Hence, very unlikely your opponent has a flush

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On this board I’d likely 3-bet villains $75 raise and be prepared to go all in if they 4-bet.

And as played on turn , Weve got top set and 10 outs to beat a flush and if we hold Ad we have a few more outs. If they have a set here with no diamonds they have one out. So all in is ez call here.

The chance of someone flopping a flush is around 2%. But say villain doesn’t shove the turn and then by simply calling the turn if a diamond hits the river and doesn’t pair the board and we do not hold Ad there’s a real tough decision.

As played I’m 3-betting turn and ready to get it all in on that bet or all in against 4-bet depends on stake sizes and how deep we go with raising each other.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
With Pocket AA I prefer to bet big and take the blinds rather than slow play and lose a chunk.
Bet heavy preflop, if called bet heavier after flop.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run it's more profitable to call but if you trusted your read then that's alright

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's really hard to flop a flush. It depends on the read of villain. Also we're missing information about how many limpers pre flop.

You could also be up against two pair and sets. Unless I have a stone cold read on the player "Only betting flushes" I am calling on the turn. We have a re-draw to a full house too.