Pocket 1010 no set no bet?

T

thomasguy3419

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone. NLHE 6 Max ZOOM cash game on pokerstars.
Should I play 1010 like JJ or 99?
What I mean by JJ is playing it as one pair only.
What I mean by 99 is playing it only to flop a set.
The problem with 1010 is seeing over cards on the flop or being up against a higher pocket pair.
The chance of seeing over cards and not flopping a set with 1010 is 63%.
The chance of someone having a higher pocket pair while holding 1010 is almost 10% for 6 Max.

Last edited:
PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a simple poker tip in Texas Hold’em, it is best to consider the number of people in the hand when you see 10’s as your hole cards. If it is a less than five people table, then it is best to raise and get the over cards out of the way. If you weight or raise or even go all in if you are on chip average, then you might manage to go heads up which gives you a very good chance. But any over pair that you get on the flop might mean doom.

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like 1010 belong more to the category of JJ and higher pocket pairs. I will often come in for a raise or 3-bet most of the time, and bet it on the flop as well if it doesn't bring 2 or more overcards.
I play full ring and consider 1010 to be a strong hand there, so in 6-max it's even better. To a lot of preflop action I would still just fold it, since 1010 isn't very good when you are up against many players.
I would say play it aggressively but give up and fold if your opponents show too much strength.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet if there is only 1 over card.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough in multiway pots.

Your looking for flops like j-8-4-10-2-k- 5-8-3 and 8-9-6 to continue on. Ideally flopping a set on a dry board is fantastic to check call and pop it later,however ten's can be played well when the flop is dangerous with only one over pair like a J. If you have outs to a weak flush or straight or suspect your opponent would call/fold on a scary river then you have value in this hand as it might be good any way.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone. NLHE 6 Max ZOOM cash game on PokerStars.
Should I play 1010 like JJ or 99?
What I mean by JJ is playing it as one pair only.
What I mean by 99 is playing it only to flop a set.
The problem with 1010 is seeing over cards on the flop or being up against a higher pocket pair.
The chance of seeing over cards and not flopping a set with 1010 is 63%.
The chance of someone having a higher pocket pair while holding 1010 is almost 10% for 6 Max.

jj and 99 aren't necessarily in different categories. If the board is 56a, you're going to value bet both if it;s ak4 rainbow you might c bet and then fold with either.

Its really all about the number of over pairs and number of players.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's just pocket tens. pitch them

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say sometimes you raise even tho there are overcards, and sometimes you float. At the 6 max tables there is no telling what those 5 have.

Just try not to go broke playing them. So if you raise, and get 4bet, think it over.....then fold.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your correct sort of.

10-10 can be played as a made hand and as a drawing hand. If you flop a-78 and your up against the right opponent then a call is warranted,and sometimes a bet out is better as well. To play good nl poker you need to play as if you had the ak when you hold 5-6 -10-10 j-9 etc.. Sometimes a bet is good enough to to take it down because it's only the super multi way pots that statistics come into play and much more in a limit game. Say you hold 10-10 in a limit game with 6 players flops comes k-j-6,Then you might be dead as their range is any weak king-aj-k-6 j-5 etc.. In a no limit game probabilities and players tendencies come into play heads up or 2 way much more so 10-10 may be good. The drawing potential in a nl game need to be as side protection if you decide to check call and think your opponent is 60/40 good or bluffing. if it's the a78 2 spades you have a spade so you check call and the turn comes the 9 of spades then you have a flush out that may be good an so on with the up and down straight draw not to mention that you 10-10 may still be good.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your opponent or opponents it could be a magic hand and be very profitable but the flop drop Q 6 3 - how do you continue ? Pray somebody hasn't played Q5 again and gambled that you have bet x3 and they want chips ?? Get the stack and press hard maybe jam especially spin n go

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should definitely bet for having a high pair per flop , and you should continue raising the flop even though if you don't have a set your cards are really strong and are good to play with !

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend of course you should not play 10 10 just like JJ since this is a higher pair you must play to deceive your opponent if you manage to tie the trio on the flop, but you should not give up so easy of course sometimes if your opponent does not Makes all in equal to the turn, of course if the bet is moderate so you can see four cards and have more possibility to tie your trio in case you have not tied it on the flop. But remember to bet one or two big blinds to see the flop and be careful when your rivals check raise, this means that they may have completed their play.

cheapseats76

cheapseats76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there are several variables in answering your question. Were you in EP or in LP? Were you 1st to act? What's your stack compared to the others? 1st in you have to raise to squeeze out the QJ A10 type hands and if an over card falls it doesn't mean you've lost but you need to tread lightly. I would make a cbet 70% of the time unless I had a good read or notes on my opponent. If they missed they will surely fold unless they have seen you cbet in this spot before then they might be looking you down to see if you are just making a play or if you actually have a hand so betting on the turn is not out of the question unless another over hits then you need to reevaluate the situation. Good luck on the felts!