Playing pocket aces preflop?all in or slow play?

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How should I play it?does position matter?

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything matters.
Position,the dynamic of the table,stacks,if it's cash game,mtt,sng.And a lot other things.

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how would u play it on full table tournament style bb position?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I as a rule play them like I play any other hand. I usually go 3 to 4 times the BB. I do notice a lot of players will bet big and hope to take it down pre-flop. I like a caller, I just don't want to lose. lol
I do play them a little differently depending on position and how many are in the hand before I bet. If a good many players are in the hand before me, I will raise more to try to get a few of them out of the hand.

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great advice ...thanks Roger hopefully I can little more lucky with them lol

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise up a little big so that limp cards don't get to see a cheap flop and see where it goes from there hope the other people get a piece of the flop

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on. Players, stack size, position, how many players at the table, How well do you know the players at your table?. Those all play a part in your decision.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the first to raise consider a 4x raise if the others players have 20+BB left, if they are short staked a 3x would do, when you have limpers in 4x+1BB per limper is a good rule of thumb.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just don't get carried away with a pair of aces and this will be your post profitable hand. My most profitable hand is always a small pocket pair...because people just never let go of a pair of aces post flop.

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With aces, there is a possibility of losing. They need to be protected by raising so that fewer people see the flop. I think so.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always play aces the same regardless of time in the tournament. I used to try and limp with a re-raise if possible, but I found I was rarely getting a raise, so I've adjusted to 3/4 betting, and re-raising or shoving depending on stack size. If I'm near the bubble, I will be cautious and try not to shove pre-flop if I can help it.

The Poker School Online says optimal play for aces/kings/AKs pre-flop is to always re-raise

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As with most poker situations, it depends.

What's your table image? Do your opponents pay attention? How aggressive are they? etc.

Basically you wanna get all your chips in against one villain preflop if you can. What's the best way to induce that scenario, again, depends.

What you wanna avoid is a multiway pot where AA is less likely to hold up. You want as few opponents in the hand as you can, and you want to put as many chips in the middle preflop as you can.

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I've been lucky mostly because 3 ppl done called me preflop with rockets I guess I'll jus fell out the table next time !maybe limp in pop a reraise 🤞

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way to answer this without knowing the stack sizes, blinds, antes, action before you, and other table dynamics.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate going all in pre flop. Unless you have position and stack size on your side. I also don’t like to slow play. I like to see the flop, asses the situation and then go Aggressive after the flop because I also don’t like getting beat by being out drawn.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I usually hope that someone will go all-in or raise. If not, then I raise to three blinds. You can go all-in, but usually no one answers and this opportunity is wasted. Although I remember that a pocket pair of aces can not always be, it's best to fold after being raised. I advise you not to really hope for this situation. Anything can be unbeatable to be able to play with any cards.

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you go all in, that's a gambling. Try not to gamble. Maybe it not destiny you to win. Play easy play smart. If you are low stack, you can consider gambling, otherwise go check flop.. little rise is ok pre flop, expecting big cards will follow or re raise, but play by knowing that for example J 10 can call you or less and hit the straight or two pairs, having two same cards in hand is not that big advantage in my book, praxis shown me that

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Javonne Baker.
Yes!
The position is very important to play a pocket pair and being pocket is even more important still. When we are the last to speak and we have a pair of aces, we can punish players who like to enter without increasing and if there has already been a considerable increase, you can isolate the villain with a reraise, remember that fewer players in the hand increase the Victoria's chances, it's also worth giving a shove, meanwhile you need to know the range of the villain not to make mistakes.

:as4::ac4:
:pc_guru:
We are together.
😎👊🍀💰

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it Depends

on Your oponent, but with value agressivity is better ever.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
getting the maximum possible profit of course played into the stack

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it was MTT I would advise all in preflop but since this cache is possible and 3bet depends on what players are at the table, are they able to take your push

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 x re-raise to try to isolate one person. Hopefully you get someone with KK who re-raises you again or shoves.