Open limping in the micros

L

lagfishbilly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If i play in full ring games where I can get away with open limping small and medium pocket pairs should I add this to my opening range?How about adding in suited connectors?
Any advice is appreciated as I have just moved from tournaments to cash games.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think that open limp with such hands is profitable game cause u give good chances for opps to be in pot.If u play cash for little time just begin with some videos or vods of any cash pros.gl

C

champ_mc99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually open raise with small pocket pairs - limping persuades others to limp which then usually leads to a player with a strong hand raising to something like 5-6BB. You want to see the flop as cheaply as possible to set mine so I think this is the best route.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open limping is a bad habit to have. Removing it frlm your game will help immensely long term.

nucl

nucl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mindset of a cash game is never open limp.
If you have a hand that you would like to see a flop cheap then open min.
With open limping you give the opportunity to opponents to exploit you and you will be almost always OOP.
But you have to be careful with open min-raise with weak hands because you will be exploitable again.So you have to balance your range and sometimes open min with your top of your range.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open limping it's not good in any case.. bet (raise) or fold.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like limping when there are a lot of limpers in the game and i know from previous hands that if i raise after they limp, all of them call. i personally like limping when set mining, but sometimes, the table doesn't allow that, because of other players that isolate you.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think that open limp with such hands is profitable game cause u give good chances for opps to be in pot.If u play cash for little time just begin with some videos or vods of any cash pros.gl

I think the exact opposite.

At the micros if you are at a passive table I will also limp small and mid pairs. The great thing is you will likely have weak players who limp in with any two cards, and are happy to stack off with top pair or any draw. This means that if you flop a set you have a great chance of taking in a nice pot, if you miss then you can fold and will only have paid one big blind and can just fold.

However I would not limp suited connectors. I would raise this in late position and fold in EP and MP.

Just bear in mind this advice is only applicable at the micros, and probably not even all tables at the micros.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You never have to play a hand. If the hand is good enough to play it is good enough for a raise. If not fold. You will get squeezed a lot especially from button.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep if you're looking to set mine or flop a big draw (or made flush or straight) then open limp is fine provided the players behind you are passive enough that you probably won't get raised.

At micros you are most likely gonna get callers and you will be playing OOP with SCs or PPs that miss most of the time. And you have very little fold equity against a typical micro calling station. Hard to play this way.

Against thinking opponents I would mix it though.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And you have very little fold equity against a typical micro calling station. Hard to play this way.

Really good point, a massive benefit of raising pre is that it demonstrates strength and will provide you with greater fold equity. At the micros this concept isnt all that relevant as people generally only play their own cards rather than think about other peoples ranges.