Oop with a set on a 3 flush turn

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say hero and villain has 100 be before the hand starts and you open 3 bb and btn calls.
You flopped a set but there is also 2 suits. So you bet 4.5 bb into a 7 bb pot and villain calls.

Pot is now 16bb and the turn brings the third flush. So you check and villain bets 12 bb. If you call, the pot would be 40 bb and you both have 80.5 bb behind. The only thing is you don't know if villain will pay off if you fill up.
So would you call or fold? How about facing 1/2 pot bet.
And if you do call, what line would you take?
How about being ip and facing a donk bet on the turn?

C

crow27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
minus any history, I still would have lead the turn and C/C most rivers. I've seen enough V's think their 2 pair is good in that spot. Still calling a donk bet IP for same reasons.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That one confuses me sometimes as well. I assume you mean texas holdem and that means a large portion of players will call if you fill up. In my preferred game, Omaha, not so much. At the ratios you set forth, it would be hard to say either folding or calling are a bad move. I think beginners should focus more on pot odds, and less on implied odds.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vs a normal bet like 50-75% I call it and I count for a full house. Also still we can have the best hand, we are on top of our range and I would consider a fold only vs something like potbet. Same goes with donkbets.

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please refer post flop plays only to pot size and not the bb. Its more effective :)

In your case, probably call him down. Or try a reraise.

How did u finish it?

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm asking about nlhe. Just asking for strategic viewpoint because it kind of feels like the calls are bad calls due to poor odds.
But at the same time its true that lots of people overvalue and play their 2 pairs and sets weird.
The last hand i remember was when I held top set of aces and got to the exact spot on the turn and the guy shoved. I called because it was a 50bb max game and the guy was a tight player so I couldn't imagine him playing too many suited cards preflop. But really i was thinking I still have outs to make the best hand.
I didn't need it though cause he then turn over 2nd set of kings.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% call on the turn.
You cannot be folding a set every time a flush completes.
Check call turn and check call river - unless there are 4 cards to a flush and straight.

Full Flush Poker