seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I DONT SEE ANY THREAD FOR OMAHA HI LO.
SO HOW ABOUT LETS START FROM HERE.
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF O8 HI/LO AND WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS MORE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL VARIANT.
BELOW!

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play live $5/$10 LO8 about twice a week.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO8 has more variance as hand equities run so close which also means that skill level has a larger effect in NLH.

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could be wrong but it seems like there is more variance in PLO and PLO8. No one hand is a huge favorite like you see in hold em. Add in the Omahee-haw factor and variance becomes volatile. Strict bankroll requirements round Omaha if you know what's good for you. Don't ask me what that means though. Still trying to figure that one out for myself

M

Matteobvb83

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF O8 HI/LO AND WOULD LOVE TO DISCUSS MORE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL VARIANT.
BELOW!

I prefer pot omaha h, also because I have not yet understood well the rules concerning h / l for example, sometimes I think I have the lowest hand and I still win the pot or half of the pot and instead takes the whole opponent. can you explain well when the pot is divided between the strongest and the lowest and when it is not divided?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played several Omaha hilo MTTs with low buy ins under $5. The challenge with a 4 card hand and over 270,000 possible hands is to decide if your hand is good enough to play a pot. When I first started playing Omaha hilo I played too many hands. Some look sooooo good until the flop.

I am getting better at making pre-flop decisions. Now the challenge is post flop...lots of folks like to hang on and chase a lot more, I think, than in NLHE. It's great fun and quite a challenge at times.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iplayseveral micros each week of plo8 maybe 7-12 times a week or more. Other than reading what hand ranking means I have been self taught over a 10+ year period so its likely I am not following fundamental strategy. Anyway to answer your question.

I prefer pot omaha h, also because I have not yet understood well the rules concerning h / l for example, sometimes I think I have the lowest hand and I still win the pot or half of the pot and instead takes the whole opponent. can you explain well when the pot is divided between the strongest and the lowest and when it is not divided?

I am not completely clear on what your asking. But the basic rules are this:

1. Hi in PLO8 is same as Hi in Omaha or NLH - so the five highest cards in the deck!

2. Low is the best grouping between A thru 8
so A2345 is a nut Low - Straights and flushes are ignored so a Straight flush is no better than a rainbow straight. Except that the straight flush would be your Best High Hand (usually ;) ) So you can win both high and low in this case. And its referred to as the Wheel because it is the lowest run of low cards and still a decent high hand as a straight.

A2345 beats anything and for example A2457 would be A3457 becasuse A2 is the best low grouping here however if it were
A2458 against A3457 the a3457 wins because the overall grouping is lower (7 being less than 8)

Finally you need to play two hole cards for the High and two hole cards for the low.

Your high hand can be any two out of your 4 hole cards and the 3 cards on the board are whichever gives you the best hand with the best 2 matches in your hole cards.

Your low cards can either be the same cards you used for the high or they can be different. And same goes for the 3 cards you use on the board.

Hope that helps

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi

BELOW!

yes sounds great!!! I been playing more and more PLO and really enjoy it... i wish i was better at it I need to start studying it... please you have some good tips?

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my biggest leak is I MUST REMEMBER use TWO cards... how often i see this...
Board has a Flush Missing one card
I have the Ace in my hand and go all in...
yikes....
i need use 2 cards
darn and i have just the Ace *cries* and shakes her empty blonde head

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my biggest leak is I MUST REMEMBER use TWO cards... how often i see this...
Board has a Flush Missing one card
I have the Ace in my hand and go all in...
yikes....
i need use 2 cards
darn and i have just the Ace *cries* and shakes her empty blonde head

Ha wish I could tell you its a case of the blondes but that is not it :rolleyes: I am brown haired and have made the same mistake many times. A lot less these days than in the past but still bites me in the ass every now and then.

Sometimes I take a little longer to act to make sure I am seeing the board correctly and using my two hole cards :) it comes with practice. The more you play the less it will happen especially since you are already thinking about it!