Omaha hand in 4 parts (sharing)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I want to start right away by saying I'm a TA (tilter anonym). It often happens when I get bad beated... I want to have my cash back ASAP and I often go to limits I shouldn't play to do so...

So yesterday I lost 5$ on Zoom. QQ vs AA. No, it was not a bad beat, I know... But still, I tilted. So here I am in PLO10 Zoom trying to gain my cash back. AAK7 came. AK is suited. I know I still must be careful. Raise to 0.30$. Get reraised max by a near full stack (9.48$) and 3-betted by a small stack (3.16$) who is now all-in.

No question, I must go all-in too and be HU with the short stack. All-in (9.61$). He calls. Cards shown. I'm in trouble. Short stack have AA too.

e97128f3af4afce8f77d958d4e75e506.png

Time to decide if I want to cash out... I'm a TA, remember? And first of all, I'm a purist. Don't talk to me about cash out before the hand is completed. I stick with it until the end!

But small stack (Player 3) took the option and cashed out. Not the same for our Player 2.

Flop:

a3bf51c3617f14cc4202246097f1943d.png

I know this gets dealt really fast, but I remember after the flop seeing red cards and thinking: NO.... At least I can have some cash back from Player 2.

Turn:

1f0c328729706eb803bcef6646ebb70c.png

I only have eyes for my % who is very low. I remember vaguely that this 8c is a middle card and mostly have help our Player 2.

River:

cef58f1cb3277ce37749949d3476e120.png

Big relief... I don't care how much I win I see that 50% and I know I get the big part of pot. Furthermore, with Small stack cashing out pre, I get more!

Final numbers (not profits)

Player 2: -9.48$
Player 3: +4.57$
Me: +16.65$

What you must learn from this story:

1) Never give up!
2) Be a purist
3) Tilt all you want... Mmmm... Not really. I wouldn't recommend that honestly.

Hope you liked it :) Please feel free to comment.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt on PLO

I think PLO is a game that most players are too honest with their decisions. So if you find yourself mixed in a scenario like that again you just muck and lose 3 big blinds, no harm done. Cash PLO can be very profitable against impatient opponents. I also think that going all-in preflop is just not worth it. It's much more profitable to hit smth strong and have an 80% edge over your opponents or even 100% edge compared to going all-in pre where the odds are almost coinflips all the time.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands