Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

A few days ago I published a post in which I spoke of certain doubts regarding strategies for playing cash NL2.
I had no answers but well, I keep insisting ...
With all the respect that schools, professional players and coaches deserve, I think NL2 should be treated differently, even than NL5 (NL4 in some rooms).
All the strategies I have studied (shortstack, midstack, bigstack, multistack) talk about making three blind open raises, in some cases adding the limpers that are before us.
Normally in a fullring NL2 table there are at least 3 or 4 limpers, who do not hesitate to match the open raises and, to complete the series of episodes, many times the two blinds also participate in the party, so we have a flop with 4,5 and up to 6 villains (obviously this does not always happen, but it happens quite often).
From my very humble point of view (remember that I am an almost fish novice) this greatly complicates the postflop game.
The aforementioned strategies propose a game with open raise, 3 bet and 4 bet or 4 bet allin. That does not exist in NL2 !!! Everyone wants to see the flop !!! And they equal the open raise, do not reraise it !!!
In another forum in Spanish they answered me that in NL2 I should not focus on the money earned, but on improving my game, correcting my leaks, etc, etc, etc.
But if I don't earn money, how can I level up? How do I improve my game if I see that the strategies I read (I am in forced quarantine so I study a lot) are not profitable for me in the limit that I play?

Thanks for reading, even if they don't answer me, but maybe I'll put together my own strategy (a Facebook acquaintance suggested it to me), then I'll tell you.

Anyway, just in case, I'm dusting the sit and go books and tournaments....:burnout:.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion micro stakes should be played with an exclusive focus on table selection. For example, if you want to reduce the number of open calls from one hand, it is convenient to select tables that have a low average of vpip. Both at long and short tables we can choose specific patterns that adapt to our game strategy. This will serve so that we can optimize the expected returns and that these can be compatible with the stake that we apply in the sections.
In the micros we must play a basic and solid poker. We can apply exploitation strategies, taking into account the selection of hands that we made at the beginning.
Hand selection is fundamental to minimize exposure to rake. The rake rate is the highest on the micros. So we must choose profitable investments, based on adequate preflop ranges according to the position we have in the table. And then postflop solid ABC poker.
Greetings.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion micro stakes should be played with an exclusive focus on table selection. For example, if you want to reduce the number of open calls from one hand, it is convenient to select tables that have a low average of vpip. Both at long and short tables we can choose specific patterns that adapt to our game strategy. This will serve so that we can optimize the expected returns and that these can be compatible with the stake that we apply in the sections.
In the micros we must play a basic and solid poker. We can apply exploitation strategies, taking into account the selection of hands that we made at the beginning.
Hand selection is fundamental to minimize exposure to rake. The rake rate is the highest on the micros. So we must choose profitable investments, based on adequate preflop ranges according to the position we have in the table. And then postflop solid ABC poker.
Greetings.

Hello Friend.

Thank you very much for your response and advice.

I will keep them in mind.

Best regards.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As said above, table selection is a key. Though one of the female pros (A.D.) advises to just over limp if you find yourself at a table where everyone calls your raises. The other alternative is to change tables and find more suitable competition. GL...

T

ToothpickVic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try the Blitz poker on ACR. People hardly ever limp and when they do there's always a 3bet. It's 3bet city.