pokerstars - Hold'em Cash Games - $0.05/0.10 Blinds - 5 Players
Hand Converter from Pokerhand.org

CO: $18.01
BTN: $14.64
SB: $12.68
BB: $14.08
UTG: $10.55

Pre-flop: Dealt to BTN Ad As
(1 folds), CO raises to $.20, BTN raises to $.75, (1 folds), BB calls $.65, CO calls $.55

Flop: ($2.30) Js Ah 4d (3 Players)
BB checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.30) 6c (3 Players)
BB bets $1.10, CO calls $1.10, BTN raises to $2.70, BB calls $1.60, CO calls $1.60

River: ($10.40) 2d (3 Players)
BB checks, CO checks, BTN bets $3.20, BB raises to $10.63 and is all-in, (1 folds), BTN calls $7.43
BB Showed 3s 5s
BTN Showed Ad As
BB wins $30.24 with a straight, Deuce to Six

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going broke is fine the way the hand played out. Raise turn larger. Hand well played.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure about the flop check, I think we can bet half pot and get called enough going 3 handed to the flop.

I also think if we DO check the flop then why are we raising the turn? Shouldn't we flat this blank turn too and shove river since we are last to act?

Wouldn't 1/2 pot, 1/2 pot, shove yield more EV from a wider range then check, raise, shove river?

I feel like you are turning your hand too face up with the line you took.

S

sasieightynine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure about the flop check, I think we can bet half pot and get called enough going 3 handed to the flop.

I also think if we DO check the flop then why are we raising the turn? Shouldn't we flat this blank turn too and shove river since we are last to act?

Wouldn't 1/2 pot, 1/2 pot, shove yield more EV from a wider range then check, raise, shove river?

I feel like you are turning your hand too face up with the line you took.

If I bet the flop what hands would continue on this board? I would chase them almost always away. There is only one ace left in the deck, so they would probably fold almost everything except sets two pairs and Ax hands which they obviously wont have much of the time, and I wanted to win at least a medium sized pot with that hand.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I bet the flop what hands would continue on this board? I would chase them almost always away. There is only one ace left in the deck, so they would probably fold almost everything except sets two pairs and Ax hands which they obviously wont have much of the time, and I wanted to win at least a medium sized pot with that hand.

What hands continue when you raise the turn? Checking this flop is rarely going to induce bluffs in a 3 bet pot.

Take one line or the other

Last edited:
M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, now that I think about it Iplay's method of check/call/jam is much better than check/raise/shove. Villain's range js wider, he might put us on a spaz bluff and call, it disguises our hand, and Villain may two-outer himself with if he donks out a PP or a jack that he won't fold to a shove. Bet/bet/shove is also a valid option. Stuff like gutshots might peel flop but not turn, and Ax is never folding flop. Yes, it's hard for them to have an A. But people play a lot of A hands, and can get sticky post with them when they flop top pair.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise more on the turn, check the river, and fold to the chk/raise on the river.

Bottom line is - you risked $15.63 to win whatever they would bet on the turn.

Last edited:
Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wil raise flop besouse it's flash dro and I must protect my aces

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether you raise to $2.70 or whether you raise to $5.00 on the turn, either way, your hand looks like it consists of a range of 2 pairs or better (value part of range) and straight draws (semi bluff part of range), so you might as well get the most value possible.

But personally, I prefer the bet/bet/shove line. Your flop bet isn't always going to get respect (someone with KQ, QT or KT will probably peel the flop at least to see how you react on the turn) and any Ax hand will probably get sticky, so you might as well maximise value and also protect yourself from gutshots and backdoor flush draws.

B

BPEPFPDP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even flop dangeours for AA, it easly can be AJ if they call pre raise, but all checks luckily, prefer played more aggressive 1/2 pot, turn x2 pot - don't wanna give free cards, make chances incorrect for drawings, and jam river.

f1reball

f1reball

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why did u 3bet so small? of course, it's 3,5x vs his raise, but it just a 7,5BB in 120+BB deep, i'd like to call u here w any pair 4 a set, or any suited ace 4 a nutflush+maybe some unreadable hands like T8s 75s, even oop it wud be profitably. so preflop i'd like 5x 3bet here(10BB's/$1), just to increase a pot & play against tight clear ranges. flop chek is good, u give them to bluff or maybe hit a trips 4 their KJs, turn...after bet & call some of them got smthing, so u have easy value raise, 3,5x wud be good, but not 2,7x, u give them correct odd's 4 their gutshots. river, as it played, after 2 calls, bb plays call preflop, bet-call turn & chek-push river vs2, u have no call here: AJ/JJ/66/44 he wud jam on turn, 22 he wudn't bet on turn, QQ-KK bet-fold turn from average villian. have no bluff's in that line vs2. easy bet-fold river. bet, cause u can still wait hero call's from hands like J6s(who knows fishes?) & fold, cause u beat nothing.