New mini bankroll challenge for myself

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi guys so ive been on a big downswing just recently ive reviewed a lot of the hands and see alot of them as coolers and of course there are just some horrible hands in there too im sure you've been through a point of thinking am I ever just going to stop running bad or can I even beat these stakes

so im making my own bankroll challenge and involving you guys for some support my target is to play 150k roughly 50k regular cash games 100k zoom both on pokerstars bankroll about $220 at the moment im aiming to get it to about 300$ which is how much some people have to win to move up to 5nl (if you start at 40-50$ and want 25 about buy-ins for 5nl )

Im not going to say what win rate I expect but I have one in mind

I will be posting my graph for the day or night, comments and weekly hands let me know what you would like to see and I will try my best!
I should reach 300$ before 150k hands when or if I do I will continue it just not as many hands per day target at the moment will be anywhere from 1k - 3k per day depending on how many tables I play

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck. Rake is insane on stars at 2NL, so rooting for you to at least to be able to move up to where it's more manageable.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dany

its like everything in life sometimes bad sometimes good, when it happens to me i stop playing and comeback the second day .after all its not only playing its luck too

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have £220, that is more than enough to play 5NL. As someone said before, 2NL rake is obscene.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first day

not the best first day as in the way I played and some unfortunate hands
got it in with AK both times v TT and lost although we did have a whale at two of our tables I didn't this will by no means be me complaining about my results I will also show you the bad hands and talk about where I think im going wrong

so yesterday my ATS was lower than it usually is and c-bet flop was low ATS 38% and c-bet flop 62 I like both of these to be higher
im going to try playing less tables because my redline and my cbet always seems to go down when I play more tables yesterday I played 4 regular tables and one zoom

let me know if you'd like to see results for the hands or not but these ones are without results for now
here some of the interesting hands from yesterday (not going to go into too much detail with any of them )

SB: 84.5 BB
BB: 351.5 BB
UTG: 127.5 BB
CO: 102 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8d Js
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 3 players) 5s 6c Jd
SB checks, BB bets 3.5 BB, Hero calls 3.5 BB, SB calls 3.5 BB

Turn : (19.5 BB, 3 players) Th
SB checks, BB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB, SB calls 10 BB

River : (49.5 BB, 3 players) Jh
SB checks, BB bets 30 BB, Hero calls 30 BB, fold

don't feel great about this one but I think we have to call it off

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

MP: 105 BB
CO: 137.5 BB
BTN: 72 BB
SB: 164.5 BB
Hero (BB): 100 BB
UTG: 88.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kh Qc
UTG raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, UTG calls 7 BB, fold

Flop : (20.5 BB, 2 players) 7h 6c Qd
Hero bets 11 BB, UTG calls 11 BB

Turn : (42.5 BB, 2 players) Ac
Hero checks, UTG bets 68.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 68.5 BB

River : (179.5 BB, 2 players) Ad

UTG cashed out 23.5 BB for a fee of 0 BB

this player was already marked as a crazy fish so I think this was reasonable although were not loving it

CO: 163.5 BB
BTN: 184.5 BB
Hero (SB): 100.5 BB
BB: 272.5 BB
UTG: 102 BB
MP: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Td Qc
fold, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, CO calls 6 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop : (25 BB, 3 players) 6d Qs 8d
Hero bets 9 BB, fold, BTN calls 9 BB

Turn : (43 BB, 2 players) 7d
Hero bets 19 BB, BTN raises to 38 BB, Hero calls 19 BB

River : (119 BB, 2 players) Tc
Hero bets 45.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 45.5 BB

this was a bad hand I hate it probably not a profitable squeeze I usually use these sort of hands but not as low down as this turn call is questionable river donk is x/f

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players

SB: 106.5 BB
BB: 178 BB
Hero (BTN): 100 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Kh Ks
Hero raises to 3 BB, SB raises to 9 BB, fold, Hero raises to 27 BB, SB calls 18 BB

Flop : (55 BB, 2 players) Tc 9s Ad
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn : (55 BB, 2 players) 4d
SB bets 79.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 73 BB and is all-in

River : (201 BB, 2 players) Jh

havent really studied this spot I dont think KK would be the the cutoff point as to what im calling we need 36% probably just a nitty fold knowing he's never doing it with QQ's

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 252.5 BB
Hero (SB): 188 BB
BB: 50 BB
UTG: 160.5 BB
MP: 98.5 BB
CO: 39 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3c Ac
UTG raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 13 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 10 BB

Flop : (30 BB, 2 players) 4h 5c Qh
Hero bets 12 BB, MP calls 12 BB

Turn : (54 BB, 2 players) 4c
Hero bets 140 BB, MP calls 73.5 BB and is all-in

River : (201 BB, 2 players) 3s

seems a bit spewy but actually dont mind it we have nut FD 1 overcard and gutshot versus any queen x here not sure how much we need him to fold I know 50% for psb so lets say 60% but we already have about 25-30% so just 30% we need folds which I can see happening here + some players might even call with FD themselves here

thats it for today
loving the support keep it up and ill keep posting

thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 08.54.13.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 08.54.13.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 24
TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck. Rake is insane on stars at 2NL, so rooting for you to at least to be able to move up to where it's more manageable.

Isn't rake lower at 2nl on stars? Cap is 30 cents, but that's only reached when the pot is well over 200bb.

49b49bef5f2c9e0b4ce1eedf793f816e.png

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't rake lower at 2nl on stars? Cap is 30 cents, but that's only reached when the pot is well over 200bb.

for me rake is rake ofcourse you want to do some research to see what the rake is like to see if you can beat it but im certainly not moving up because rake is lower I can comfortably beat 2nl over a large sample so not a concern for me

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Interesting that the percentages differ by country. Pretty sure it’s 4.5% in the US for 2NL. The cap is still brutal. All the AK vs QQ all in races will cost 7-9 BB depending on country I guess. That adds up fast compared to only 3 BB at 100NL. And if you ever get deep and get it in or play a multi-way pot you can still hit this gross cap. Plus the nature of 2NL is that too many players are seeing flops. So there will probably more multi-way pots. I’ll check my DB in a bit to see how often I hit the cap. But someone just commented on my other thread that I paid 20 Buy Ins in rake at 2NL in 6.5k hands but only 2 buy ins at 100NL over 3.5k hands. That’s the difference I’m talking about. My numbers are off the top of my head from memory but should be pretty close. When 20 buy ins come out every 6k hands it has a pretty brutal impact on win rate.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting that the percentages differ by country. Pretty sure it’s 4.5% in the US for 2NL. The cap is still brutal. All the AK vs QQ all in races will cost 7-9 BB depending on country I guess. That adds up fast compared to only 3 BB at 100NL. And if you ever get deep and get it in or play a multi-way pot you can still hit this gross cap. Plus the nature of 2NL is that too many players are seeing flops. So there will probably more multi-way pots. I’ll check my DB in a bit to see how often I hit the cap. But someone just commented on my other thread that I paid 20 Buy Ins in rake at 2NL in 6.5k hands but only 2 buy ins at 100NL over 3.5k hands. That’s the difference I’m talking about. My numbers are off the top of my head from memory but should be pretty close. When 20 buy ins come out every 6k hands it has a pretty brutal impact on win rate.
Confirmed Stars US takes 4.5% rake at 2NL and 5% for all higher stakes.
Confirmed my DB shows 22.5 Buy Ins (BI) of rake paid at 2NL over 6.5k hands (3.5 BI per 1,000 hands).
Confirmed my DB shows 2.5 BI of rake paid at 100NL over 3.7k hands (0.7 BI / 1,000)

HUGE difference in the amount of rake being paid per 1,000 hands. I realize samples are tiny but I think it's enough to show the difference.

And to OP, you may want to use an image hosting site to share pics. I can't read the scale on the side because the print is too small but it appears that your red line shows you may be defending blinds too often and perhaps calling to fold later a bit often. Still rooting for you. Good luck.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Confirmed my DB shows 22.5 Buy Ins (BI) of rake paid at 2NL over 6.5k hands (3.5 BI per 1,000 hands).
Confirmed my DB shows 2.5 BI of rake paid at 100NL over 3.7k hands (0.7 BI / 1,000)

HUGE difference in the amount of rake being paid per 1,000 hands. I realize samples are tiny but I think it's enough to show the difference.

And to OP, you may want to use an image hosting site to share pics. I can't read the scale on the side because the print is too small but it appears that your red line shows you may be defending blinds too often and perhaps calling to fold later a bit often. Still rooting for you. Good luck.

ok thanks will keep it in mind
can you suggest a website for this sort of thing and how to do it ? then I will try it for tomorrow post

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi guys so ive been on a big downswing just recently ive reviewed a lot of the hands and see alot of them as coolers and of course there are just some horrible hands in there too im sure you've been through a point of thinking am I ever just going to stop running bad or can I even beat these stakes

so im making my own bankroll challenge and involving you guys for some support my target is to play 150k roughly 50k regular cash games 100k zoom both on pokerstars bankroll about $220 at the moment im aiming to get it to about 300$ which is how much some people have to win to move up to 5nl (if you start at 40-50$ and want 25 about buy-ins for 5nl )

I will be posting my graph for the day or night, comments and weekly hands let me know what you would like to see and I will try my best!
I should reach 300$ before 150k hands when or if I do I will continue it just not as many hands per day target at the moment will be anywhere from 1k - 3k per day depending on how many tables I play

Good luck with the challenge PokerFace (I couldn't bring myself to type it the other way :p)

Hope that you will find success both with the bankroll goal and that you will gain much wisdom along the journey as well!

Go out there, and GET STACKIN!

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok thanks will keep it in mind
can you suggest a website for this sort of thing and how to do it ? then I will try it for tomorrow post
I use imgur.com. It provides pre formatted "forum" links that you can just cut and paste. You can drag and drop pics to the main page then click to get share links and use forum code link.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with the challenge PokerFace (I couldn't bring myself to type it the other way :p)

Hope that you will find success both with the bankroll goal and that you will gain much wisdom along the journey as well!

if that doesn't get people involved I dont know what will thanks for the support
we hope you stick around to see how I do

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck I hope you have a lot of concentration, brother that is the most important thing to take, since I consider that many players are very studied, I wish you the best of luck sounds great, your great goals, I will soon be following you to see what you have done , poker unites us. !!!

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/Tn1NmyK" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/Tn1NmyK"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

https://imgur.com/a/sjC5lTL

let me know if this image works if not I will try it again tomorrow or try to make the image bigger then copying it into here

so yesterday was a good day right until the end IF we didn't play this one hand terrible we call t. raise call r. in 3bp on A high board lost 175bb in one hand how stupid

we ran below ev but I dont think we had a terrible day up till that point
we floppend lots of sets got pair and rivered quads ;)
we did get coolered full house v quads which wasn't a massive pot anyway

I did try betting flop ,stealing and floating flop a little more
I also tried some triple barrels which I know is risky at 2nl but It does work enough for you to try it the key is with this is betting as small as you can rather than going massive because players React a lot differently to bigger bets (In my opinion)

lets hope I dont have to write this all out again like I just did lol

here are some hands ive tagged for today

SB: 79 BB
BB: 42 BB
UTG: 100 BB
Hero (MP): 105.5 BB
CO: 109.5 BB
BTN: 36 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6h 6c
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (9 BB, 3 players) 6d 3d 5h
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 3 BB, fold, BB calls 3 BB

Turn : (15 BB, 2 players) Js
BB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, BB calls 7 BB

River : (29 BB, 2 players) 9d
BB checks, Hero bets 29 BB, BB calls 29 BB and is all-in

think it would be a mistake not to go for it here given he didn't snap call f/t which usually means he's not calling with a draw
turn sizing could have been a little bigger here maybe 0.18-0.20

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): 101 BB
SB: 240.5 BB
BB: 145 BB
UTG: 103.5 BB
MP: 141 BB
CO: 44.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Js Jh
fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop : (17.5 BB, 2 players) 9c 7d Ah
MP checks, Hero bets 7 BB, MP calls 7 BB

Turn : (31.5 BB, 2 players) Ac
MP checks, Hero checks

River : (31.5 BB, 2 players) 4c
MP bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

think its ok to call here need to be ok 20% of the time and because we x t. I think he's more inclined to try and go for it if he bet bigger 1/2 pot or more im probably folding or If we have TT

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

SB: 100 BB
BB: 109.5 BB
UTG: 100 BB
Hero (CO): 102 BB
BTN: 196 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8d Kd
fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (7.5 BB, 2 players) 4d Qd Js
Hero bets 4 BB, BTN calls 4 BB

Turn : (15.5 BB, 2 players) Kh
Hero bets 9 BB, BTN calls 9 BB

clear fold I would be wary with even QJ here K8s is a open for me from cutoff its lowest suited K I would go

BTN: 116 BB
SB: 113.5 BB
BB: 310.5 BB
UTG: 179 BB
MP: 100 BB
Hero (CO): 109.5 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Qc Ac
fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN raises to 116 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, Hero calls 106.5 BB and is all-in

Flop : (220.5 BB, 2 players) Ts Jh Jc

Turn : (220.5 BB, 2 players) 8c

River : (220.5 BB, 2 players) 6d

this is standard for me if a player rips in 100bb for a 3b I usually determine he's fishy I use a range this like this
AQs+ AQo+ JJ+ if villain has less like 50bb I will add in TT AJo/s

dont even ask how wide ill go if I see a player jam in 100bb almost every hand lol

thanks for your guys support keep it up and ill keep posting usually around this time

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will post daily results and then weekly results on monday's

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry I made a HUGE error in this post. Felt compelled to fix it. The point remains the same, just a bit less dramatic. Updated and correct numbers (it was 12.5 BI not 22.5):

Confirmed my DB shows 12.5 Buy Ins (BI) of rake paid at 2NL over 6.5k hands (1.92 BI per 1,000 hands).
Confirmed my DB shows 3.6 BI of rake paid at 100NL over 5.5k hands (0.65 BI / 1,000)

Still a HUGE difference in the amount of rake being paid per 1,000 hands. And samples are still tiny but I think it's enough to show the difference.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will be updating this soon not been playing as much recently want to put plenty of volume through the next month

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll finished

nice challenge good luck!

lucky friend

Interesting.

bankroll finished ive ran above ev overall which I always do lol (0.5bb above ev on a database of 350k hands)and ive had run good in the last few 1000 hands my bankroll is at $ 300 which was the main target when starting this
because of no zoom running anymore ive decided to stop it there ill just say this moving down to 2nl and making a commitment to show you guys how im doing has really fixed my game
I found alot of leaks I had in the bb and cold calling preflop which in turn fixed my redline its not many hands (only 44k hands in the whole database) but I really think the things ive changed will have made at least 2-3bb/100 true win rate improvement on my game overall at 2nl

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
over a small sample but I think my confidence and current bb/100 is good to be moving up

sorry its a little small

Attachments

• bank roll challenge 2nl normal.jpg
    bank roll challenge 2nl normal.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 2
  • bankroll challenge 2nl 6max fast .jpg
    bankroll challenge 2nl 6max fast .jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 3
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management