Need suggestions!!!! Poker books on low stakes 1/2 no limit hold em and poker math.

J

James R

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I've been playing poker since April 2016 and pick up pretty well on it, I know i have a lot of potential to become a very profitable player due too my progression in my results over time.

Anyone knows any poker books that will help me improve my game and take it to the next level?

I'm mainly looking for books that focus on low stakes no limit hold em games ( 1/2 - 2/5 ). Books on poker math suggestions are also welcomed !!!

P.s. I'm not interested in any books on PLO,7card Stud etc.....

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the Cash Game Books by Harrington

p.s.: do you mean 1 cent 2 cent?

J

James R

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No 1 dollar 2 dollar n thanks a lot of ppl are recommending that

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could write your own book maybe?

G

GoldCaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go online and google it. But keep in mind, even the "best of the best" may not have the same grasp as you do at the game.

T

the0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Small Stakes Hold'em: Winning Big with Expert PLayer by Miller, Malmuth and Sklansky is the best book for 1/2. It discusses preflop hands etc. for the successful cash games lower limit player.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you tried reading Polished poker? , it has pretty good advice for micro stakes players.

R

ranma187

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all you need is to google poker odds. find out how often you will be ahead, heads up where you are ahead 3 to 1, 4 to 1, etc. Find the craziest tables you can find and be TAG. Variance sometimes kicks your ass but you will come out ahead. Be really aggressive preflop with AA, KK. Most important is to find players who will likely call your hand when you are ahead. So hop a few tables. Move seats if a player is too aggressive to your left. Go with hands like TPTK, top two pair, trips, Aces, and be super aggressive with those hands. Always try to nut flush and call your draw on the flop if multiway (3-6 players in).