Need another perspective

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have paid $5453 in entry fees. (mostly $7 and $15 triple ups.) $10 omaha h/l single tables and some .50/.25 cash games. profit for the month was $826. Does anyone have advice or comment. on a scale of 1-10 how good is this?:)

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have paid $5453 in entry fees. (mostly $7 and $15 triple ups.) $10 omaha h/l single tables and some .50/.25 cash games. profit for the month was $826. Does anyone have advice or comment. on a scale of 1-10 how good is this?:)

Hi,
There is a bit of information missing, but enough information to say it is a good result imo :)
Your profit/ROI is just over 15%, the 'average' player would be losing to rake, so you are definitely heading in the right direction.
If 5/10 was someone who broke even, I'd give you 7/10 :)

My advice would be that NL50 sounds like too high for your bankroll (I'm guessing at your bankroll though), so the variance leads to a high risk of ruin.

My comment would be just to go over your hand history and plugging spots into solvers to see where you can either be increasing your value or decreasing your losses in certain spots.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work :D

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
need perspective

My bankroll is $1100. starting with $50, I might add. What does plugging hand history into solvers even mean? When I play cash, I start with $15. Thank you for your time and response.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello,

Profit is always positive. How many hours would you estimate you played to achieve this?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds good enough to make such a profit.
Congrats.
Good luck in the future. :top:

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you spent $5453 and got back $826 , that’s bad

Calculate how much that works out to per hour, then you’ll know if it’s a good deal or not
And what do you mean by profit for the month?

Last edited:
C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bankroll is $1100. starting with $50, I might add. What does plugging hand history into solvers even mean? When I play cash, I start with $15. Thank you for your time and response.

You could upload your hand history to a program like 'Holdem Manager'. Holdem Manager 3 has an App called "Leakonomics" which will analyse your overall play.
But for specific scenarios you can use a 'solver' like 'piosolver' which can calculate GTO play for specific hands you played (you have to plug in the numbers/cards/ranges yourself).

If you start with $15 at a cash table then that is good for your bankroll.

Hope that helps :)

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you spent $5453 and got back $826 , that’s bad

Calculate how much that works out to per hour, then you’ll know if it’s a good deal or not
And what do you mean by profit for the month?

How is that bad? Unless I'm reading it wrong, OP spent $5,453 and won $5,453+$826 = $6,279 total of which $826 was profit. So OP is in the black. Unless they spent $5,453 and only have $826 left in which case, yes that's bad.

I would say close to 100hours.

Roughly $8.26 an hour in profit.

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please explain the entry fees , over what period of time did you spend the $5453 ?
If you had invested that in the stock market, you would have made lots of money without doing anything

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Please explain the entry fees , over what period of time did you spend the $5453 ?
If you had invested that in the stock market, you would have made lots of money without doing anything
31 days. 100 hours. Approximately

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You could upload your hand history to a program like 'Holdem Manager'. Holdem Manager 3 has an app called "Leakonomics" which will analyse your overall play.
But for specific scenarios you can use a 'solver' like 'piosolver' which can calculate GTO play for specific hands you played (you have to plug in the numbers/cards/ranges yourself).

If you start with $15 at a cash table then that is good for your bankroll.

Hope that helps :)
Thank you very much. Thank you for your time.

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
31 days. 100 hours. Approximately
I f you spend that much in a month, I would try cash games or tournaments with higher buy ins, where there are less players and higher payouts

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
5000 worth of mostly single table tourneys. All under $20

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As long as you're profitable it's a good thing. Besides money, you can say that you also won the pleasure of the game. Good luck further!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

An almost 20% ROI after rake is quite quite good!

Congratulations on finding a winning approach, you are certainly doing a lot of things right!

Keep on stackin my friend. Hope Monica is taking good care of you ;)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Could you clarify. As far as I understand, you play 3-player sit-and-go tournaments with buy-ins of $ 7-15, single-table sit-and-gos with a maximum of 9-6 players per table with an average of $ 10. What about nl 50 or nl 25 cash games?
You spent $ 5453 in total, what did you win back? How many months have you played with this amount?
As far as I understand, you played plus $ 826 in the last month. But it is also unclear which type of poker has brought you the most profit?
I can say that for single-table tournaments 10-20 $ 1000 games with a profit of $ 826, the result is not important, but acceptable.
If this is the result of cash games of 25-50 nl for 100 hours with a profit of 826, this is an excellent result, the score is 8/10.
Let me advise you, analyze what type of poker brings you the most profit, and pay the most attention to it.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 out of 10, I do not give more.
You made some profit and that's good. But you made less than 1/5 of your bankroll in the entire month. My results are much better percentage-wise. But on the other hand I do not think that one month could tell how well you play. Have 3-6 month statistics, that will show it better.

L

lovemonica

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4 out of 10, I do not give more.
You made some profit and that's good. But you made less than 1/5 of your bankroll in the entire month. My results are much better percentage-wise. But on the other hand I do not think that one month could tell how well you play. Have 3-6 month statistics, that will show it better.
My bankroll started at $50. I worked it to over $1100. When I sit to play i play a .25/.50 nl. Buy in at $15. Also i play, $15 triple up and $10 Omaha h/l. I have made a profit of over $800 in the last 31 days. I do not have $5000 bankroll.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you should evaluate this for yourself because if you want to play then play do not feel that I need it you must immediately get up from the table.