Multiaccounting

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

Yesterday I encountered something interesting - I was playing in a low buyin cash game on pokerstars, with two guys called BigBurk and mburkie, both from netherlands. They were both raising preflop incredibly high in order to weed out all other players around the table, just for them to be the only two players left on the flop or turn and check back and forth incredibly fast between both of them.

Seems suspicious to me, as if this would belong to one guy who set up multiple accounts on PS to increase his chance of winning in cash games?
Looking forward to your opinion!

Cheers:D

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The likelihood of your suspicions is high. But not 100% that this is one player with two accounts. Here is more like a collusion of two players.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The PS has a good security service. I think that sooner or later these guys will be punished.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it possible to report for such users on Pokerstars ? I don't even know if this kind of feature exist. Did you take some actions ? may be send email to report about these two users

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
must be coincidence, after all there's no prove to collusion. this happens everyday in some cash tables, with players from same country playing strange, but Pokerstars is the judge, nobody else

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi all,

Yesterday I encountered something interesting - I was playing in a low buyin cash game on PokerStars, with two guys called BigBurk and mburkie, both from Netherlands. They were both raising preflop incredibly high in order to weed out all other players around the table, just for them to be the only two players left on the flop or turn and check back and forth incredibly fast between both of them.

Seems suspicious to me, as if this would belong to one guy who set up multiple accounts on PS to increase his chance of winning in cash games?
Looking forward to your opinion!

Cheers:D
Report it if you can. There used to be a "Report" or "Moderator Request" button on the table. You can also just contact Customer Support with Tourney number or Table number (for cash game).

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi armoko, hi mtl mile end -

Yes, I contacted PS support and informed about both accounts to see if they can check if they are legit. Strange coincidence.. But, as bullxt said, that's PokerStars job to sort out the cheaters.. They were by the way not playing good.. As soon as someone on the table called all their insane raises, they suddenly stopped raising.. Like they were not considering the fact someone could call all their raises..

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like Collusion rather then Multi Accounting, but who knows could be either or non of the above. Some online poker activity can at times seem to be suspicious, typically I would Tag the players in Notes and avoid them when at all possible. If in fact they are breaking the rules they will be caught if they continue to play in a unprofessional manner.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite possible . But when withdrawing money they will immediately have questions from the security service of the room and they will not play there for a long time