Multi tabling

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently play 4 cash tables simultaneously, I feel i can handle this quite well, i want to increase this to 5 and then eventually 6, the problem is I like a tiled layout and if I add more than 4 tables the tiles start to overlap, I've tried stack and tile which doesn't really work that well tbh, and table ninja looks so confusing with all the different settings and costs quite a bit for the micro stakes player like myself, what setup do you multi tablers use?

Thanks

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently play 4 cash tables simultaneously, I feel i can handle this quite well, i want to increase this to 5 and then eventually 6, the problem is I like a tiled layout and if I add more than 4 tables the tiles start to overlap, I've tried stack and tile which doesn't really work that well tbh, and table ninja looks so confusing with all the different settings and costs quite a bit for the micro stakes player like myself, what setup do you multi tablers use?

Thanks

I'm not a cash game player, never liked it. I've played up to 4 tourneys at once, without much luck. If I'm in more than 3, I try to donk off the one that pays the least.

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks

It is a pain playing the stack it way but what I would suggest if you monitor is too small for 5 tables whilst tiling the tables and making them really small is either only having one in the middle of the 4 whilst tilting them all or having just one under the 4tables whilst tiling

Only other option is buying a bigger monitor or pc I’ve got an iMac with a big screen probably could fit about 12 small tables it’s the best thing i ever brought

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a pain playing the stack it way but what I would suggest if you monitor is too small for 5 tables whilst tiling the tables and making them really small is either only having one in the .middle of the 4 whilst tilting them all or having just one under the 4tables whilst tiling

Only other option is buying a bigger monitor or pc I’ve got an iMac with a big screen probably could fit about 12 small tables it’s the best thing i ever brought

I tried using a larger external monitor but all that did was make everything bigger it didn't actually allow me fit any more tables in. Seems like more of an issue with the ipoker network maybe I'm not too sure.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried using a larger external monitor but all that did was make everything bigger it didn't actually allow me fit any more tables in. Seems like more of an issue with the ipoker network maybe I'm not too sure.
Size of the monitor is only one factor. Screen resolution is another big factor. If you increase the resolution everything will get "smaller" and you can fit more tables. Most computers also support more than one monitor. I have a 15 inch laptop and a 24 inch separate monitor to extend the display. I've put 4 tables on each screen for a total of 8 tables and played that way for a while. If I got a 4k monitor I could probably easily fit 6-8 tables on one monitor but 8 tables is about all I can handle for now. I'm actually shifting focus from volume to value and playing 4 tables of higher limits now rather than 8 tables of smaller games.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but i think you have to concentrate and know your opponent how to play if he is aggressive or stupid ,lets say he go all in for nothing ,so i dont think its a good idea . i did it from a while , 4 tables then i stopped and back to 2 tables max

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but i think you have to concentrate and know your opponent how to play if he is aggressive or stupid ,lets say he go all in for nothing ,so i dont think its a good idea . i did it from a while , 4 tables then i stopped and back to 2 tables max

I suppose it also depends on what style of game you play, if your playing a LAG game your going to playing more hands and if your playing 6max or full ring, 4 tables for me atm feels at times a bit slow.

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Size of the monitor is only one factor. Screen resolution is another big factor. If you increase the resolution everything will get "smaller" and you can fit more tables. Most computers also support more than one monitor. I have a 15 inch laptop and a 24 inch separate monitor to extend the display. I've put 4 tables on each screen for a total of 8 tables and played that way for a while. If I got a 4k monitor I could probably easily fit 6-8 tables on one monitor but 8 tables is about all I can handle for now. I'm actually shifting focus from volume to value and playing 4 tables of higher limits now rather than 8 tables of smaller games.

Thanks! I'll have a play around with the resolution haven't tried that yet

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 tourneys at a time, maxed out..

I like to have 2 tourneys going at a time. Omaha one, hold em the other. Having the two different games makes me concentrate more. I do better playing Omaha and hold 'em simultaneously than playing them individually.