Is low stakes poker unplayable now a days?

O

oreal52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know what is going on at the low stakes.
People just LIMP LIMP LIMP.
If you raise ( even just 1 bb ) they all fold. you won 3c, next round.
LIMP LIMP LIMP LIMP, i raise 1 bb , they all fold. Next round.
If i just limp behind, on the flop they all CHECK CHECK CHECK...
If i raise they all fold. Congratulations, i won (max.) 3c. Next round.
People just can't be this tight. We play for cents ffs. I sat down and played for like 30 minutes.
Got fed up after winning like 18 cents without ever getting to a showdown.
I was sooo borred out of my mind. I wanted to just quit so i decided next hand i go all in no matter what. I got Ks10h, i went all in. Finally one person calls. He wins my 2 dollars with QQ.
I have never been more happy to lose 2 dollars just to get some action after 30 minutes of new hand after new hand.When did people become this tight ? :eek:

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It contains a different strategy, as does higher stakes/freerolls. You just have to realize at least 75% of the table will probably be calling stations.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If it's action you want try playing bounty tournaments, I swear every time I raise 3-4x pre lately there's always 2 players shoving lol.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
People just can't be this tight. We play for cents ffs. I sat down and played for like 30 minutes.
I was sooo borred out of my mind. I wanted to just quit so i decided next hand i go all in no matter what. I got Ks10h, i went all in. Finally one person calls. He wins my 2 dollars with QQ.
I have never been more happy to lose 2 dollars just to get some action after 30 minutes of new hand after new hand.When did people become this tight ? :eek:
Where are you playing that it is like this? I don't see this at the 6-max tables on 888. I never saw it at Stars in Zoom or regular cash, 6-max or full ring. I play on BetOnline and I don't see it at 10NL Fast.

Maybe you just have a strange room or just exaggerating your experience. There's plenty of action still at these stakes.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why with a marginal hand CT to go to the all ins on such a tight table? Think about your game!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
don't expect to earn $10 per hour in zoom tables, at this low stakes, I know this can be boring, but is hard to earn interesting amounts of money fast there, everyone thinks they can "grind" easily and not works like that nowdays, players knows more about poker than ever

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 6 max micro. Had a great table on stars tonight with a mad Russian that would raise and then throw all in if you bet the flop, then reload and go again. A few of us shared their money. I wish it was like that all the time. But I've not found what you have to be common. If that were the case I would just sit all day min raising and getting 3 cents every hand.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never seen that kind of action. But if it is that easy to win without showdown, that sounds great to me. If you are focusing on "action" rather than profit, then maybe watch a movie.
Amen to this. If I have a whole table of people limping that are going to fold at the first sign of me raising I am going to sit there and do that for hours. It may only be a few cents a hand but I am at the micro tables for a reason and you got to have money to make money in this game.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well...there's always PLO8 if you're craving action that bad :)

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be glad you have limpers you can steal from so easily at your table, I would never complain about this [emoji1] . The other day I played 2NL for 4 hours straight against tight semi regs and any fish who came left 5 minutes later. Now THAT was mind numbing [emoji52]

Where are you playing and what time of day/time zone?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

with a balloon to the moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like easy, variance-free money to me. Just start raising every hand and as soon as someone shows resistance you should fold. Do you play on WPN?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it seems like other poker world. Go on pokerstars. Things are crazy there on regular tables on micro limits. You will meet there so many callings stations in winter time.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play a 16.50 bb, you'll get all the action you'll ever need.

GIRFIED

GIRFIED

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far you are the first player I meet who bothers to have weak players at the table. If you want to exploit this type of players, you must have a tight range of ROL, so when you see the flop, on average, your hands are better, and also the postflop game is very simple against them because most of these players they are very passive.

It is more positive to think about how to face your rivals and not complain about them. Also if you get bored easily it can be for two reasons: Or there are many distractions (TV, smartphone, your neighbors, the dog) or you play very few tables at the same time (to begin with, the ideal is a maximum of 4).

If you keep playing this way (the last hand vs QQx), on that table the recreational is you.

Z

Zach1242

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny my experience in the micros has been the exact opposite. Playing 2nl on Stars I often wonder why I bother with the PFR because the whole table calls. And calls... and calls... There certainly are some nitty regs, but there's way more players with 40+ VPIP. I wish everyone folded preflop. I'll take all the rake-free money I can get.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny my experience in the micros has been the exact opposite. Playing 2nl on Stars I often wonder why I bother with the PFR because the whole table calls. And calls... and calls... There certainly are some nitty regs, but there's way more players with 40+ VPIP. I wish everyone folded preflop. I'll take all the rake-free money I can get.
Lucky. I'm playing on microgaming and it's been nitty multitabling regs for days [emoji24]. I thought stars was supposed to be the competitive site out of the bunch.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amen to this. If I have a whole table of people limping that are going to fold at the first sign of me raising I am going to sit there and do that for hours. It may only be a few cents a hand but I am at the micro tables for a reason and you got to have money to make money in this game.

Exactly. The whole game actually evolve around the blinds, and even at 2NL a winrate of 10BB / 100 is awesome in todays games. This mean, that if you can pick up a pot with 4,5BB (two limpers) uncontested, you have already won, what you expect to win over 45 hands and with no risk or variance.

Admittedly this will not make you rich, but neither will winning (or losing) 2 dollars at a time, unless you are able to play like 24 tables at a time. Blackrain79 used to do that years ago, but its not even possible today with the new 4 table cap on Stars.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant not believe what im reading. Dude just sit there and take their molah. Just one click on raise button positioned in your right side of three options, press it and job is done. If you want more action maybe try bigger cash games or tour with 100+ $ buy in or just go out and waste yourself. I will be waiting for your 2 $ ..you know 2 x 100 is just awesome.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every cent is important to these people. I don't see anything wrong with it if people play tight.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good practice for live 1/2 nl, but personally I and many other people have a hard time caring about the money at those stakes, so forget about anything other than getting value for your good hands.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also find this irritating
But the limping happen mostly with games where there are no antes

When you play ante games then players will not play tight, they even take chances to bluff
That is my findings

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It contains a different strategy, as does higher stakes/freerolls. You just have to realize at least 75% of the table will probably be calling stations.

The guy said he was just doubling the blind and nobody was calling. How on Earth would at least 75% of the table be calling stations in that situation?

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off I rarely have this issue in micros and I play everywhere but mostly sb and ignition. Not a problem I would mind most days.

In my humble opinion 75% of most micro's are gonna be unwinnable between calling stations sucking u out and just bad luck/cards it's difficult. I personally believe algorithms at certain sites (at least) are written for a lot of action and upsets witch makes micros where people are willing to chase more, extremely difficult.

But if your picky with tournament choice like picking freezouts and games during low traffic times. Moving up slightly in stakes only after decent win and when u have the $ to lose n be OK. Even if u have a good win when you jump up I advise dropping back down until your hot again or just killing it at the lower stake.

Even with all this I struggle to be an even player, but play constantly 4-6 mtt a day plus Lil 5nl & 10nl thrown in. I've also only been playing poker for a yr so there has to be much better than I.:p

Last edited:
quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's a 100,000 hand sample across 2NL, 5NL, and 10NL 6-max. I'm struggling a bit lately with some ill fated shots at 30NL and also some really bad luck mixed with my own bad play lately.

BUT this is over 100,000+ hands at the 3 lowest micro stakes available. They are winnable and are beatable. It can be frustrating to get either too many folds or too many check/callers BUT as others have said...who cares. If 4 players post their blinds then all fold to your button raise a few times a session that's profit!

I used to think these stakes were unbeatable, And perhaps on some sites the player pools are much harder to beat. But put in work, study, consistency, and volume and we may find there's profit and winning to be found. Blackrain79 is an excellent resource for his mini books on microstakes online poker!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 47