akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hey CCers ,

New cash games player here on pokerstars and I have one simple question. Why some tables ,in normal games not zoom , have long waiting lists?

Those who wait have spotted a weak player or do they have a ''lucky'' table etc?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hey!
simple but interesting question, but i think is because that table have a lot of action, is like in a fps game when you want to play online, and the a server is full, with more players is better , if someone thinks different reply me

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sometimes I see fish and whales waiting too :p

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many players, probably the tables that have the most players are the bui-in is 0.01 / 0.02.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically because people have spotted a bad player, they know already, or the table averages look good like a high players per flop number. The funny part is, that often seats will only be available, when the bad player leave the table, so going on the waiting is often a futile effort.

By the way my feeling is, that waiting lists have gotten much shorter on PokerStars after the 4 table cap. Presumably because it makes no sense for regulars to stay on waiting lists, if they are unable to add more tables anyway. This in itself has also made the cash games more recreational player friendly, because it has made it easier to get on tables without excessive waiting.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Typically because people have spotted a bad player, they know already, or the table averages look good like a high players per flop number. The funny part is, that often seats will only be available, when the bad player leave the table, so going on the waiting is often a futile effort.

By the way my feeling is, that waiting lists have gotten much shorter on PokerStars after the 4 table cap. Presumably because it makes no sense for regulars to stay on waiting lists, if they are unable to add more tables anyway. This in itself has also made the cash games more recreational player friendly, because it has made it easier to get on tables without excessive waiting.

Nice points here!I am asking of course for micro limits and I was confused because at some point I was scrolling down the full 6 max tables and some of those have something like 8 players waiting for a seat and at the same time there were 10 tables with 4 and 5 players playing!

Thanks everyone :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably because it has a good percentage of the pot size or they have actually found fish.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are table selection tools that usi your hand histories are able to identify weak players and automatically waitlist auch tables. Those tables get then a long waitlist. I used to not get on waitlist with more than 5 players because usually when the seats open to you, the weak player already left or busted.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are table selection tools that usi your hand histories are able to identify weak players and automatically waitlist auch tables. Those tables get then a long waitlist.

This kind of software has been banned by PokerStars and many other sites, so hopefully people are not still using it.