Little reminders to help your game

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you took a three inch piece of masking tape and stuck it to your computer to help you remember some of the things that you should be thinking about while in a hand. What would they be?

I do this for myself. I have, Posistion, pot odds, trust reads, flot texture, outs, etc.

Keep in mind that you have a three inch piece of tape to write whatever you want on it.

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I'd really only put one thing on there; "Don't be stupid!". Most all of my big losses come from me just doing something stupid. Doing something I know that I shouldn't be doing but I'm always sure it'll work THIS TIME. It never does. If i'd just remember to play solid ABC poker and don't do anything stupid, my win rate would jump A LOT. I'm sure that's not really what you were asking for but that's what I'd stick up on my monitor.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now I'd really only put one thing on there; "Don't be stupid!". Most all of my big losses come from me just doing something stupid. Doing something I know that I shouldn't be doing but I'm always sure it'll work THIS TIME. It never does. If i'd just remember to play solid ABC poker and don't do anything stupid, my win rate would jump A LOT. I'm sure that's not really what you were asking for but that's what I'd stick up on my monitor.

perfect. I just want to see what everyone would remind themselves as they play. things that should be automatic but sometimes just slip in the heat of a hand.

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id put on my monitor QUIT LIMPING!!!!!

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^^ This and especially if chiefer is to my left.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is my opponents range? Can I beat his/her range? Where am I at in this hand? What is the purpose of my bet, raise or check? What is my plan of action?

RichKo

RichKo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I had a post it note with this exactly on it for about 6 months till it fell off.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is my opponents range? Can I beat his/her range? Where am I at in this hand? What is the purpose of my bet, raise or check? What is my plan of action?

Opponents range is a good one. I actually have "pay attention to hud stats"

Tonky666

Tonky666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was thinking about this the other day hahaha mine would be the tournement schedule and FOLD!!
hahaha o and go onto www.chardschat.com will of coarse be ther :)

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Play like a Champion today"

This is what has been on mine for about last 6 months

Snow :cool:

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this wouldn't work for me. i'm always scrambling for something to write on and stick on the computer for reminders. it would, within a week, be full of "take out trash", "get beer and milk at store", "laundry! asap"

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine is "Slow in the Middle". Helps me regroup when I get that massive chip lead in the beginning. ;)

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you took a three inch piece of masking tape and stuck it to your computer to help you remember some of the things that you should be thinking about while in a hand. What would they be?

I do this for myself. I have, Posistion, pot odds, trust reads, flot texture, outs, etc.

Keep in mind that you have a three inch piece of tape to write whatever you want on it.

digital sticky notes are my reminder of choice.

Top 3 are;

1. Position
2. Don't play any cards I wouldn't be willing to call a raise.
3. What can beat me?

If I actually looked at it more often I'm pretty sure my game would improve.

:party:

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'd add several more onto mine...mix up your plays more so you're not sooo predictable...watch it when you're 'on tilt':eek: ...try to remember this is FUN & only a game so DON'T take it personally...watch out for straights & flushes (& make sure that if you're going for a king-high flush that you DON'T lose 35,000 chips to a Ace-high flush:eek: )...and finally, watch out for 9's they've killed my all-in AA twice now:eek: ! Always remember that even AA is only a pair!:D

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
mine might read

Big decision? SLOW COUNT TO at least 5...

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add two more to my list...If in doubt about any move... fold, and stop limping!:D

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BE PATIENT!!! in 3 inch letters

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BE PATIENT!!! in 3 inch letters

Good one. It's a big problem with some players. A lot of times a player will lose a decent sized pot and and then try to force your hands to win it back. Sit back, reevaluate and grind it back. Patience is key to this game for sure.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont be stupid would be my choice also.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already have my advice, written on my t-shirt by Annie Duke, and hanging beside my poker chair: PLAY GOOD!! X0 :deal:

Can't ever wash that shirt tho... :p

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play smart, and not dumb....
Play in Position...
Raise or FOLD.

StormRaven