Chips
Would u raise if you have a :deal::deal::deal::deal::deal:pair that is under 10

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suppose you are playing longhand (more than 6 players) no limit and are in late position (CU or BU) and nobody has raised or called before you. In that case, I would raise any pair even if I only had 22. After all, I'm in position and probably have no more than 2 opponents. No Limit lives from aggressive play in position. I can take the pot with a continuation bet (C-bet) even if I miss the flop. In the middle position I would only call with small pairs and hope for three of a kind. In early position you can also fold small pairs because you can't play them as profitably from there. Even if you hit three of a kind, you have to be paid off by your opponents first. But that's much more difficult in an early position. In shorthand no limit I would always open raise with small pairs, no matter what position. In shorthand you have to play multiple hands. It is action-packed and lives even more from aggressiveness.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught myself to wait for a set with this hand, and preferably without a raise

J

Joonhi93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can go up, just to see, but I would never pay 1 for everything

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would u raise if you have a :deal::deal::deal::deal::deal:pair that is under 10
I rarely raise small pairs from an early position and never stake 3 bets with them!

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The question of raising with mid to low pairs may often be a factor of your stack depth and table dynamics. I would consider 6 and under as a low pairs and 10 and under a mid pairs and play them accordingly.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to play aggressively with AA top pair, limping is definitely a bad game ...