Leak Buster bad advice??

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So reviewing my flaws in Leak Buster after having an awful few days, 11 bi down:eek:. Anyway, this particular instance strikes me weird. I think I have played the hand correctly (preflop). I have exported the hand from HEM 2, unfortunately HEM doesn't have the withholding name feature, so I am very sorry to upload it like this with names, but they my name is there too.

Leak Buster says the following:
You are currently 4-betting a little too much from middle position. You should consider reducing your 4-bet range from this position, and make sure to run 4-bet filters by position to check your stats.

I checked the hand in question and there was just this hand.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7445184

Last edited:
J

jsh169

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like something minor honestly, how often do people 4 bet to begin with.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like something minor honestly, how often do people 4 bet to begin with.

It was listed as critical! There is absolutely no way it would be best to play a hand like AKs againts 3 opponents, and that's is what would have happened had I only called.

The 3 betting guy could have had AA and was raising small to not frighten players. I was looking out for that.

I say Leak Buster's advice is incorrect in this instance.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Leak Buster isn't pulling out hands that you didn't 4-bet correctly, it's showing all hands you 4-bet related to your leak.

This is a good point though... that should be made more clear somewhere since the hands tab was added not that long ago.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leak Buster isn't pulling out hands that you didn't 4-bet correctly, it's showing all hands you 4-bet related to your leak.

This is a good point though... that should be made more clear somewhere since the hands tab was added not that long ago.

I see, but it still makes no sense! Because this is my new Alias, so the hand count is small, maybe 3,000. So there was only 1 hand that I 4 betted mid position. And it tells me I should not have done it, when clearly yes I should have....

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see, but it still makes no sense! Because this is my new Alias, so the hand count is small, maybe 3,000. So there was only 1 hand that I 4 betted mid position. And it tells me I should not have done it, when clearly yes I should have....

No, it's just saying that within your sample it was way out of range (which it probably was). It has nothing to do w/ whether your 1 hand was correct to 4-bet or not. This is why you should only be running leak buster is 50k+ samples like it suggest. If you run it with less, you'll see an accuracy gauge and it will tell you that some leaks in small samples will not be accurate.

I'd recommend watching one of the tutorial videos or doing the summary in the manual so you can get maximum value from the software.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's just saying that within your sample it was way out of range (which it probably was). It has nothing to do w/ whether your 1 hand was correct to 4-bet or not. This is why you should only be running leak buster is 50k+ samples like it suggest. If you run it with less, you'll see an accuracy gauge and it will tell you that some leaks in small samples will not be accurate.

I'd recommend watching one of the tutorial videos or doing the summary in the manual so you can get maximum value from the software.

Oh, never knew there a minimum requirement of 50k hands. Thanks for that.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, never knew there a minimum requirement of 50k hands. Thanks for that.

You can run it on any sample, but the more hands you have, the more accurate your results will be. 50k is the minimum recommended.