Leading into player on turn when you call the flop

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the bet sizing you like to use when you are leading into a player after you have called the flop?

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the bet sizing you like to use when you are leading into a player after you have called the flop?

Are you talking about donking the turn? or a delayed c-bet?

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish with your bets and how strong you perceive villains hand to be.

Are you trying to deny equity and/or protect against draws? Maybe bet bigger.

Are you betting for value against villains weak range and want to keep him in the hand? Maybe bet smaller.

There is no one fit all solution for bet sizing and this is no exception.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, vax1op369 I don't have a answer (not there yet) but I know that John at https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/polished-poker-vol-i-study-group-227214// has mentioned it many times. Given this is so non common question he might find the question interesting.

But Question for you, can you give me any noobish friendly hints how to use this line? My current understanding about it, is that against aggressive player when calling a flop (slow play) and turn turns board dangerous we should donk turn for value.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no one fit all solution for bet sizing and this is no exception.

This quote is exactly what I was looking to find. Thanks sometimes I like to look weak and strong. Feel like it throws a lot of people off

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, vax1op369 I don't have a answer (not there yet) but I know that John at https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/polished-poker-vol-i-study-group-227214// has mentioned it many times. Given this is so non common question he might find the question interesting.

But Question for you, can you give me any noobish friendly hints how to use this line? My current understanding about it, is that against aggressive player when calling a flop (slow play) and turn turns board dangerous we should donk turn for value.

Well 1st I love the bet use it all the time. Highly creative/ confusion bet that puts players in a weird spot. Usually i use it in a check call spot and of course you are out of position. Sometimes I’ll use it just to take pot down when I have a hand that I know is in the lead, the board has gotten scarier and I do not want my opponent to river me. Bet he folds on the turn.

Saw board has two to a flush or a straight draw and you have a set and you get the feeling that your opponent has too pair over over pair. After check calling a flop, do a little donk bet and the aggressive player raises you, little does he know you have him crushed haha, from here depending on stack size go all in or call. If river doesn’t complete jam all in, would appear to your opponent that your draw missed, has to be right card like 234 blank. He calls thinking your bluffing. Also is they are bluffing they May make big bet thinking you are weak. Fun I have had success in cash and tourney with the donk bet. Thanks for the post. I’m going check out the cash game material. I play 50NL-200nl Keep up the good work

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk betting isn't something I usually do but many times I do it like at certain times. I usually do it when I need to protect my hand and see where I'm at. Prepare for a re-raise though.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donk bet is not very good thing...if you have hit flop way bet ? chek end let reiser to c bet on flop then call,rereise ect.....