Ladbrokes collusion, maybe.

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started using Ladbrokes. After a successfull couple of weeks with the £5 cash ticket and associated tickets, I thought it would be great. It was. Until I lost(obvs) . However, just now , the day after finishing 9th in the weekly, I thought, cash?

Jumped in with a pair of chatty people, talking about bots etc. Saying they just started. One lost against the other. They were both to my left.

Suddenly I went from leader to 2x buy in and still with banter I noticed nothing. We were chatting after bots, about collusion... Then after another rebuy, (yea whatever) I kinda thought, 'Hang on' . The dude to my left left 'losing' leaving the next fella at x3 max buy ins.

I got a LOT tilted so left. But, Jumped back in (cos idiot) and continued the collusion convo and then when I started raising everyone on the table was folding to me (with minor defence from remaining 'real' player regarding collusion). Regardless. Then I realised they all joined when the other dude left.

Now, I play for fun so as long as I enjoy the loss its OK, but I felt robbed because it seemed a bit fake. Then I remembered 3 people leaving at the same time and the one that left saying 'we scared them off' ? AM I PARANOID? or was I being played. I have lost more that that in one session but never like that.

Am I taking a loss too bad? It all seemed strange, stranger than playing against a bot..

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If you thing something shady went on pass it on to the security people and let them investigate.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously collusion can happen in online poker, and its not something, you want to subject yourself to being part of. So if you note something fishy, at the minimum leave the table. And if your suspicion is stronger, then report it to the site. This is part of the reason, why you should stick to the large and well reputed poker sites. They have more ressources to put into combatting cheaters and ensure a fair playing environment.

DMAlv7

DMAlv7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely just tilt to be honest, but at the time.......

Ladbrokes Poker