KK3r - how to play these boards as pfr?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently played one very badly since I was using HUD stats on V with less than 100 hands on him. (He had a F to Cbet of 0). I'll post the hand for some reference, since I was also OOP and from the CO in a 6-max table, and I think that has a big effect on the way this board is played.

Yatahay Network - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:club: A:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, BTN calls 2.4 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (6.2 BB, 2 players) K:heart: K:diamond: 3:spade:
Hero bets 4.2 BB, BTN calls 4.2 BB

Turn: (14.6 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
Hero bets 7.2 BB, BTN calls 7.2 BB

River: (29 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows Q:club: A:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings)
(Pre 48%, Flop 28%, Turn 16%)
BTN shows 8:heart: 8:spade: (Full House, Kings full of Eights)
(Pre 52%, Flop 72%, Turn 84%)
BTN wins 27.6 BB

------------------------------------------

OK, apart from the hand itself, if you had any two cards in your CO range, what are you doing there? On these types of boards do we never Cbet light?

I think the issue is that preflop callers have a higher proportion of pocket pairs in their range- in the hand I posted V has 128 combos total on the flop, and 54 of them are 66-JJ or some kind of king. So a 2/3 bet is losing money since he calls 43% of the time.

As pfr OOP, what are we betting (I'd imagine 66-TT for protection)? what are we check-calling?

If we have AK? KQ? K9s?

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And let's say I get to the flop with 350c... how do I determine how much of these are check folds?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hit or miss I agree 2/3 sizing is too large for this board. It's rainbow and unconnected. No draws to charge. I'd bet 1/2 pot max. Prob slightly less. If we hit it we want value and if we miss we are getting about the same amount of folds anyways. On the turn we have the nut no pair so we can polarize or go smaller for value. We decide to go small for value but V has a boat so he's not folding for that sizing. I agree with river x back if we used value sizing on the turn without a hand. Had we polarized turn I'd be on board with triple barreling here since we have Kx and over pairs a lot. We can also have some flop x backs in general on paired boards but I'd rather bet this dry board with AQo since it hits our range as PFR.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
This is a pretty extreme way ahead way behind spot, and in such spots we generally want to either bet small or check to induce bluffs. So the flop is either a check-call, if he bet a reasonable amount, or we can put out a small bet ourselfes, which is mainly to deny equity.

Turn
As played you need to check the turn. You are never getting a better hand to fold, and your hand is not good enough to bet for value. Ideally he check behind, and the river brings a Q, K or A. Otherwise you need to make a decision, which is probably mostly going to be to fold to any significant bet.

River
Obviously another check, and he did not go for value, which was good for you.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What range do you put him on after the flop when he calls? If he has a king or pocket
pair he is never folding. After the turn there is only a 2% chance he has the king. But
if he has it, he wants you barreling all your hands. If you check behind on the turn
you can reevaluate to bet depending if you improve. You have enough shown down
value against all non paired hands.