KK problems... Did I play this right?

J

John Doe_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The ridiculous number of times that people have shoved all in with AQ preflop, or on the flop and beat me on the river, whether they hit 1 of their 4 outs for a straight or just an Ace, is starting to really annoy me.
I've been trying to play KK a bit more cautiously but at the same time not passively.

The game was zoom $0.05NL 6max.

Should I have just called villain's bet on the flop? I mean... He should've just called with that hand! Right? No? What the hell? After 5K hands I missed almost all my flush draws and he just shoves there and gets it...
Am I overthinking this because it's micro stakes and everyone shoves with AJo, 99 and call 4bets with 46s? What am I missing? :(Anyway, here's the hand:

Villain (BB): 114.8 BB
Hero (MP): 220.4 BB

Dealt to Hero:
:kh4::kc4:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10.4 BB, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to 23.2 BB, fold, Hero calls 12.8 BB

Flop: :5d4::8c4::3c4:

BB bets 14 BB, Hero raises to 47 BB, BB raises to 91.6 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 44.6 BB

Turn: :7h4:

River: :4c4:

Villain shows:
:ac4::qc4:

Villain wins
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

(Flush, Ace High)
(Pre 32%, Flop 44%, Turn 25%)
(One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 68%, Flop 56%, Turn 75%)

Last edited:
PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ye it's fine but no need to get to fancy just shove preflop with all the dead money 33.6bb it's not a disater to pick it up uncontested. As played the hand plays it's self postflop neither of you are getting away from your hands in a 4bet pot.

Last edited:
WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got it in with the best of it, so there's no problem with the play. The problem seems to be perception. Calling all in as a 56% favorite means you win less than 3 out of 5 times. It's the right play, but look long term.

You want this action. Seriously, you do. If you wasn't less variance, play chess.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You called all in when you where a head. Even if you are not ahead you still had out on the flop.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a setup dude, nothing anyone can do on that flop. As Fvendal allready said dont slowplay KK pre, you want to get it in.

Also KK vs AQ is a 70/30 so get used to it :)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest you should’ve just jammed the flop. Same result but he doesn’t seem willing to pay down his hand and if he’s go AA then so be it. You’ll lose this hand around 30% of the time if he has anything but AA. Like you said it’s micro stakes and you’ll get people playing extremely wide ranges. Unless you’ve got some serious info on the villain and know he’s got AA you should be jamming KK when they don’t seem to want to lay there hand down. AQs, AK, QQ, JJ and maybe TT or worse could call you here you may even get AJs tilting that makes the call. Remember this is an +EV move. One that doesn’t comes around often.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is to annoy? I think you had bad luck, sometimes happens KK is one of the second best letters,(I believe that the variance were for your opponent), well this is don't get discouraged and encouragement champion that those things happen

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Streaks of bad luck can last much longer than 5k hands. I've had weeks when every day I was running into all sorts of coolers & beats with about 40k hands played total.
And if you aren't a huge winner and your WR is about 2-4bb/100, it's not that uncommon to eventually lose after a 100k stretch of hands while always playing A-game.
So yeah, get used to the variance, sometimes it's truly devastating.

About the hand: if you want to trap preflop, trap with AA as it's a good enough hand to get it in on any flop. Just go all-in with KK, you can get called by QQ, AK, maybe JJ and you fold out his other hands that have equity against you (or he calls you with Ax and you get stacks in as 70% favourite), picking up a big pot uncontested.

Maple_syrup

Maple_syrup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't do anything wrong imo. Luck just went the other way.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can’t every be a bad move getting it all in ahead. Obviously villain has outs and won the flip. Standard play. Variance is tough on all poker players.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happens but you must go all-in preflop with KK in this situation.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would rise pre-flop if I flop out equal and letters that do not represent danger pushed hard ... I do not think ayas played badly, it was just bad luck greetings ..

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
each time when you play slowly AA or KK, you are punished, every time when you have these monsters you must do ALLIN, and everyone can not keep up you with a marginal hand, now if you have a bad beat, it's not a matter because that's that the poker.

Last edited:
posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finished the monthly tournament with KK right now!

preflop KK

1 person on my right side: bet 900 (bb was 250)
i call

no more calling.

flopp: nothing important

the man on my right side: bet 1300

i raised to 2600
he went all in

i call

he had AA

but no problem,
the bad game if someone going all in preflop any hand when he has enough chips still

posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing important mate!
the mathematics CAN'T win if the player opposite you FEELS the card what will come!

Who plays? You or the mathematics?
You use the mathematics only!
You can't be blind!
You MUST feel this game like any others in the life!

He did a very nice game with his hand!
Very well done!

posztulatum

posztulatum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very bad idea

Happens but you must go all-in preflop with KK in this situation.

all in preflop is a good players who is a hobby player or who doesn't have too much chip.

EVERY hand can win preflop! 72o too
all in is good idea if you have maximum 5-10BB

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all in preflop is a good players who is a hobby player or who doesn't have too much chip.

EVERY hand can win preflop! 72o too
all in is good idea if you have maximum 5-10BB

This is a cash game not a tournament they are very different.