Killing time on $0.01/0.02 9max: Slowplay saved me from losing more.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am in the SB and decide to call, BB has not played much seems kind of timid. They just call

I hit bottom pair and a flush draw, I make a pot size raise. BB calls, which is unusual, they are usually an instafold if they don't hit.

Then I get trips and still have the flush draw. I decide to try and trap so I check, hoping they will bet. They only call.

River comes K. I have a full house. I decide I have to bet based on the failed trap, but I want to get a call. I bet half the pot. BB goes all in with $3.16 more.
Something stinks. I fold. BB shows Ks over 5s. I didn't lose as much as I could have.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Brian

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 40
A

amidoingitright?

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be more clear about the action. Did it fold around to you? How many other players are there? Are you limping the SB? Are you betting or raising the flop? Is villain calling or checking the turn? As for the hand, if villain is timid, you should probably be trying to steal most to all of his bb's by raising pre. Flop and turn are fine, you could check or bet either/both here. After he called a pot sized bet on the flop, he has a fair amount of K in his range, so you're probably better check/calling to a standard sized bet (folding to a jam), hoping he bets with just a J or something like 77 or 66. If I do bet here, im probably betting smaller than half. Your fold is good. Also realize he has kings full of jacks, not just kings full of 5s. Good luck.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would not fold here, although he could easily beat us with a king in his hand.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I understand his explanation of the betting wasn't there only 24 cents in the pot before the river shove? I think that is a pretty easy fold. He only had 12 cents into it and it was unraised preflop. Not worth calling off 150plus BBs with the 4th nuts.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You need to be more clear about the action. Did it fold around to you? How many other players are there? Are you limping the SB? Are you betting or raising the flop? Is villain calling or checking the turn? As for the hand, if villain is timid, you should probably be trying to steal most to all of his bb's by raising pre. Flop and turn are fine, you could check or bet either/both here. After he called a pot sized bet on the flop, he has a fair amount of K in his range, so you're probably better check/calling to a standard sized bet (folding to a jam), hoping he bets with just a J or something like 77 or 66. If I do bet here, im probably betting smaller than half. Your fold is good. Also realize he has kings full of jacks, not just kings full of 5s. Good luck.
Everything folded to me and I limped. I made the pot size bet after the flop. He called. Turn was check check. River was half the pot and then he shoved. Yes you are right, he had Kings over jacks.

Last edited:
Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I understand his explanation of the betting wasn't there only 24 cents in the pot before the river shove? I think that is a pretty easy fold. He only had 12 cents into it and it was unraised preflop. Not worth calling off 150plus BBs with the 4th nuts.
That is right. 12 cents. Never saw this guy jam it before except when it went to showdown and he had quads.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello Brian!

You've played this situation pretty well, I think!

Congrats!