JJs vs 4bet

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you guys usually do, if you sit down first hand you are dealt JJs.

6 handed.
UTG 2 bets 3BB
Cutoff 3 bets to 9BB
SB 4 bets 25 BB

You are holding Jacks in the big blind with 100 BB.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hmmm.. Good question! :)

I'm not a cash player at all so certainly wouldn't recommend taking my advice but, I like the quandary you've suggested so,...

6 handed I'm probably shoving or flatting (and when flatting hoping the two behind flat or fold) and re-evaluating on the flop.

For me there are however immediate problems with both plays, when we jam and get called we're usually a big dog or flipping against AK/AQ and when we flat we run the risk of a re-jam squeeze behind..

Maybe I'm a total nit thinking this way and 6 handed cash it's an easy shove.. Dunno!

You haven't given other stack sizes or whether there's any info on the players etc..

Regards, was going to type more but my game just started... :laugh:

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a raise from an early position. In the raise range at+, TT+. CO in the range of 3beta AQ+, JJ+. The SB range is already KK+, sometimes AK. Against all these hands, we have only 26% equity. Accordingly, we do not consider 5bet, we will also rarely get into the flop, so call is also unprofitable. Only fold remains

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an easy fold. A cold 4-bet is usually QQ+, AK, and JJ is simply crushed by that range. For some players its an even narrower range like KK+.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation I will fold. Especially after SB 3Bet. Possible range of SB to give this 3bet: AA, KK, QQ and AK. Against this range that Sb is showing it is better to fold. You're either losing or you're on a flip. Just an observation. This is not a 4bet situation, but 3bet. And what did you do?

Last edited:
TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Insta-fold. JJ has the same feeling as 44-10's. The other players are showing how strong their hand is and trying to protect it. I fold.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. In most cases 4bets represent the very top of an opponents range. JJ is in bad shape far more often than not.