JJ QQ UTG

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel these hands play quite similar. If you get 3 bet. Will you 4bet? Depends on opponent? Thoughts

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They play similar. Any move depends on opponent, otherwise you are playing a set strategy which can easily be detected, you are like a robot, very predictable.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They play similar. Any move depends on opponent, otherwise you are playing a set strategy which can easily be detected, you are like a robot, very predictable.

Feel that limp calling is weak. Guessing check calling vs good opponent. Don’t want to have a $1000 stack and 4 bet then have to fold to a jam....

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Feel that limp calling is weak. Guessing check calling vs good opponent. Don’t want to have a $1000 stack and 4 bet then have to fold to a jam....

If you have a HUD you have all this information. How often he 3bets, 4 bets, what cards etc

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a HUD you have all this information. How often he 3bets, 4 bets, what cards etc

Thanks I do, don’t know what numbers mean, gotta do research on that any hud tips you could give me?

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play the same way JJ and QQ.
QQ is a premium hand (for me) and I play it aggressively from every position. On the other side, JJ is a hand that I am willing to FOLD very easily. Of course everything depends on the opponent and the proper reading of the situation.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have that hand UTG then you should obviously raise, but it's tough when you're being raised. It really depends on who is playing, how many, their chips stack vs yours, your position in a tournament, the blinds etc etc. If you're short stacked later on in the tournament, that's a primo hand UTG because the blinds are going to kill you, you'll most likely get called by a bigger stack (if you're on ACR, you'll probably be called by something like 92s and they'll miraculously flop or turn a flush) and chances are you'll be ahead most of the time. Sometimes you'll get a lot of preflop callers to your bet, watch for over cards because they're likely. If someone shoves, especially a larger stack, chances are they also have a monster. Keep in mind your chip stack and who is betting into you. Do they need chips? Are they limping with connectors? Do they have overcards? How often are they in pots etc. Just play accordingly based on the information you have available.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feel these hands play quite similar. If you get 3 bet. Will you 4bet? Depends on opponent? Thoughts
It depends...
  • What is the effective stack size?
  • What is the position that the 3bet is from? What is the opponent's range from this position?
  • How what is the sizing of the 3 bet.
  • Do I have a history with the opponent? If yes, what have I seen the opponent 3 bet with?
  • What is the opponents table image? Has the opponent recently won/lost?
  • What is my table image?
  • What am I trying to accomplish with a 4bet?
JJ/QQ are not the same imho
  • QQ has 8 over cards that can flop AAAAKKKK
  • JJ has 12 over cards that can flop AAAAKKKKQQQQ
  • If any of these cards come.. how well does my opponent play after the flop? How well do I play after the flop?
Poker is full of questions!!

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it depends on the opponent, but why make 4bet? The only reason for this action is to prevent multibank. Or the desire to increase it, but in this example it is not the best move, in any case, if we are talking about a stack of 100bb. If you know that you have heads up, you can play this hand otherwise. In order to answer this question, need more information.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me they are not similar: I prefer Q-Q before J-J 80% of the time. Since approximately that is the difference of force that exists between both hands, in the preflop instance.
In front of a 3bet and having one of these hands, my decision depends on the type of game the villain has, the size of my stack, my position on the table, the number of active players in the hand and the image that has the table about me as a player.
Greetings.