B

Bird173

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pokers tough guys grinding NL 10 for a couple bucks a day sometimes it feels like it hard just to break even Lol

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That means you're a very big fish, because so is everyone else in the pool, I am too so I feel you. Make sure to have fun :)

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokers tough guys grinding NL 10 for a couple bucks a day sometimes it feels like it hard just to break even Lol

Try playing in tourneys, rather than cash games.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Try some SnGs and see how it's going on there...maybe that format can fit you better

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah cash games are hard to walk away with what your wanting to win per session. Id go with SNG or Turnys

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean by grinding?

What is your hourly rate at those games?

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think cash games are tougher than tourneys, even the small ring games.

Because the tourney participiants are quite often recreational or even "lottery style" players, who wants to get lucky and make a huge score.

The cash games players, even in the micros, are more serious I think.

Breaking even of course should be not the goal, a little profit would be nice :)
It also depends on other factors like rakeback and +ev promotions, which help sometimes.

At least in Zoom NL2 should be a profit possible without bigger problems.

And of course these times the chances are higher for profits, because a lot of players are online now, it is crazy - every evening is like Sunday on pokerstars. (-->softer games)

C

cristhian017

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I prefer tournaments I play more calmly and I'm doing well

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know some guys (usually with multiple math degrees) do well grinding multiple (24+) tables using a simple HUD. Most cash game showdowns have some pretty amazing hands. It's pretty hard to make much money without multi-tabling when your'e only playing premium hands in appropriate positions.

It's doable but you really need to be math sharp, highly disciplined and have great concentration. These guys count on you and me getting involved in hands that we shouldn't because we're bored sitting for hours only playing 1-4 tables.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not studying the surroundings and making notes of the players then yes ...it will be harder to get ahead

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one thing to win online. It's a whole other thing to cash out your winnings and then to collect your winnings through a poker website, which can be much more difficult than the games themselves.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a make some money at cash games, then I buy a sit în a tournament or sit and go