Chips
against one opponent on rainbow flop never fold man

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm serisouly, online, I rarely do it and it's because most of the time, it finishes all-in pre-flop..

I try to see the turn when I play aces then, if the board pairs, I will start thinking of folding if I'm raised or 3-4-bet...

I'm not really affraid of flush draws until I have the ace.. otherwise, I will push for another card to see the turn with a flush draw on flop..

-TRP-

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I see that go all on the flop ,.I've got a couple of aces to play.But if you go at all after the last card - I will throw off any pair.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 way all in, 789 flops

I'm not usually afraid of 3 way all-in with aces, mostly if I'm the last to act and/or/ it cost a small part of my stack, but I have to admit you have a very good point to consider here..a short stacked player can include J10 in his range..

3 ways (or more) preflop, do you fold?

-TRP-

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop never ever . Usually unless I truly know the opponent ibwouldnt be folding until the turn

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold AA’s pre-flop. I will fold AA’s on a heavy flush draws and single card straight draw hands.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A satellite is the only circumstance I fold preflop. If you’re talking about flop any coordinated board that I feel behind on

zach johnson

zach johnson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding

Like on a 3 flush board flop facing an aggressive villain?
ide fold it in many scenarios but ide day the easiest time would be early in a pot not very committed with a long tourney ahead

S

sparky112

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold AA consideration

I would fold a AA hand if three of a kind come out on the flop.
Sparky112
Sparky's wife;)

P

pokeherface

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aces aren't always the nuts

I think its key to know when to continue with Aces I think a lot of players continue to wide if someone is starting to check raise turn on 3flush or even sometimes 3 to a straight boards its time to take your foot off the gas a little (this is open raise and one or 2 caller pots of course)
in 3b pots im more likely to continue on 3flush boards on the flop and turn maybe consider against river shoves if it comes down to it

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read an article of poker that said that when you are in a tournament and you are very close to the bubble and you are in a good position but you have less chips than someone who throws the all in it is good to fold only I have heard of this case but of the rest I think that to fold AA before preflop you must think well

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although I've never folded AA preflop, I would possibly fold it against 2 other all ins or more. If it was a tournament or cash games either one it's possible.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember that a pair is the weakest poker game even being a pair of A. So remember that you will lose to two pairs. Playing with A's is complicated, but I'm looking for a three of a kind, if I do not hit the flop, I'm still trying to hit the turn or river, but this is going to happen if my opponent is not very aggressive, to fold But everything depends on a range of.​

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never pre flop, but after the flop if it's a really wet flop and it's multiway and people are betting like crazy you are not going to win with one pair even if it is AA. Fold!

cubons

cubons

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am on the satellite bubble, then I might fold preflop

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When on the turn I see 4 one color cards.different from my AA.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 card open ended straight draws, flush draws, depending on the villains play style

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
3/4 suited cards on flop , its hard to fold aces , but ive lost a couple of times bcz i didnt fold them

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When seeing flush and straight and trips possibilities then you really should consider folding.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
A multi-way flop devalues aces. It is the best hand pre-flop but each street can can change the value of aces, depending on board wetness and how your opponent(s) normally play.
If the board is wet and a tight opponent is betting, prepare to face a big made hand, or at least a nut draw.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say final table 5 player left my stack is short. and 4 goes all in.
Or final table 4 players 3 goes all in.
On flop vs reraise bigger than 3x (exept all in shove)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop AA is the nuts, and of course never folding the nuts. There could be some really extreme tournament ICM situation or a situation like the pokerstars "big game", where David Fishman wanted to lock up a win but was not allowed to leave until hand 150. But these are really the exceptions and only interesting from an academic point of view.

Postflop AA is just a hand. Sometimes we flop top set, and its the nuts, but most of the time AA is not the nuts postflop. So its just the same as any other non-nut hand. What is his range, what is my equity against that range, do I have implied odds or reverse implied odds, if I improve, etc.

In 100 BB cash game poker, I am typically rarely getting away from AA postflop in a 3-bet or 4-bet pot. But of course there will be exceptions like, when the flop comes QJT all spades, and I have two red aces.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being able to fold AA or any top 10 starting hand is something you are able to to do easier after a ton of experiance. When i started i felt like i was entitled to win because I had AA or KK. You see a ton of players in denial, refusing to accept their great starting hand could loose regardless of whats on the board. I see it a ton in zone/boost poker. Its my bread and butter :)

Folding in Poker