• Thread starter Rational Madman
  • Start date
R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
They are not entirely for dumber players but simply for players who prefer single tabling.

They also heavily mitigate the advantage that HUD abusers have over honest players.

E

emil4707

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in zoom tables i ussually get run over by monster hands, because everybody play only monster poket cards

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you definitely have to be choosier with the hands you will play, why would you play crap if you can simply fold and get another shot? most people I think play a little tighter on these tables. Except in tourneys of course, first 20 minutes it's all-in parade. I keep folding until I have something worth going on.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agreed with this! Only play good hands and play in position! :)

F

Forbesy604

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is all great information, thank you!

M

mr_poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that for tournaments it's not so important.

AMTF1988

AMTF1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Zoom/snap, it's quicker, but I wouldn't recommend them if you are doing other things or playing on multiple tables. I do find they are very hit and miss as when I stop on a table to play a good hand, so does the opponent.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it's an illegal HUD, I'm not sure what you mean by HUD abusers. If you invest the time and effort into setting up and becoming familiar with a HUD, then I say all the power to you.
They also heavily mitigate the advantage that HUD abusers have over honest players.

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate ZOOM as it is litterally Hit & Run:cool:

D

davidhoyle107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer using a hud. It enables me to know who the fish are way easier. It also tracks hand histories across tables. If I sit down at a table with a player I've played before, I already have a adequate sample to read their style. If you dont have a hud, definitely don't play regular tables. you'll be asking to be beat. Even at .02/.05 I know for a fact I've played regs who use them.

D

davidhoyle107

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zooms all about population reads and patience. multi tabling 2 zoom tables works great. Way more money can be made from what I hear if multi tabled due to the all in nature.

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are not entirely for dumber players but simply for players who prefer single tabling.

This is progress. Eventually you will see that different kinds of smart players excel in different formats. Dumber players do not excel in any format.

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience I dont like zoom tables, it depends on what do you like to play

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is progress. Eventually you will see that different kinds of smart players excel in different formats. Dumber players do not excel in any format.

Maybe in full ring they do?

A

AlexTheOwl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe in full ring they do?

I don't think the Madman is dumb. He's just . . . got some issues.

Actually I have a lot in common with the Madman.
I'm a genius at surgery, one of the world's best at it.
I have a lot of ideas about it, which I'd like to share with everyone.
I haven't tried to learn from successful surgeons, because I am going to be better than all of them.
So far I only operate on dolls, but once I am the best in the world at operating on dolls, I'm confident that I will be hugely successful at surgery on humans.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the Madman is dumb. He's just . . . got some issues.

I haven't tried to learn from successful surgeons, because I am going to be better than all of them.
So far I only operate on dolls, but once I am the best in the world at operating on dolls, I'm confident that I will be hugely successful at surgery on humans.
https://youtu.be/FSHn_yn6Ib8

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This text awed me deeply. It has everything in right place, and I still giggle after 15 minutes.

I know gigling part&zoom player leaves me open for punches, but still worth it :adore:

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This text awed me deeply. It has everything in right place, and I still giggle after 15 minutes.
This makes the song I replied with so much more applicable then.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Unless it's an illegal HUD, I'm not sure what you mean by HUD abusers. If you invest the time and effort into setting up and becoming familiar with a HUD, then I say all the power to you.

This , I don't know what he meant by that either?