Did i just get angle-shot?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so i was playing my 2/5 table, doing okay, not to huge of a stack or anything, when i come across this:

I have kings somewhere in ep, i raise it up.

Get one caller and we go to a flop.

k22 is the flop, i check and villain bets out around half pot. I call

On the turn is where stuff gets wierd. I check again on a blank, i think it was maybe an offsuit 4. Then my opponent starts talking to himself. he is saying something like: "Hmm, i think he has aces. maybe AK? i do not know." He then just asks me. "Do you have kings? I think you have kings. You must have kings." Then he starts to laugh really loudly. He stops laughing to announce he is going to bet.

He says that, then starts laughing again. While he is laughing, he is sorta waving his arms around and slapping the edge of the table. He then "accidentally" knocks his entire stack which was mostly big chips in one sorta tower-like stack, into the middle.

He says "oops... does that count as all in?" The dealer calls the floor and explains the situation, and the floor rules that, yes, the man is all in. I promptly call with kings full, only to see him flip over quad deuces.

Is this really blatant angle shooting? His chips were stacked in an ideal fashion to do this, he was behaving wierd... i was pretty upset and felt cheated, and called the floor. He let him keep my stack. Do i have any right to be upset? I guess i was going to get it in anyways, but this felt like he thought maybe i had AK or something and wanted to appear weak.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, so i was playing my 2/5 table, doing okay, not to huge of a stack or anything, when i come across this:

I have kings somewhere in ep, i raise it up.

Get one caller and we go to a flop.

k22 is the flop, i check and villain bets out around half pot. I call

On the turn is where stuff gets wierd. I check again on a blank, i think it was maybe an offsuit 4. Then my opponent starts talking to himself. he is saying something like: "Hmm, i think he has aces. maybe AK? i do not know." He then just asks me. "Do you have kings? I think you have kings. You must have kings." Then he starts to laugh really loudly. He stops laughing to announce he is going to bet.

He says that, then starts laughing again. While he is laughing, he is sorta waving his arms around and slapping the edge of the table. He then "accidentally" knocks his entire stack which was mostly big chips in one sorta tower-like stack, into the middle.

He says "oops... does that count as all in?" The dealer calls the floor and explains the situation, and the floor rules that, yes, the man is all in. I promptly call with kings full, only to see him flip over quad deuces.

Is this really blatant angle shooting? His chips were stacked in an ideal fashion to do this, he was behaving wierd... i was pretty upset and felt cheated, and called the floor. He let him keep my stack. Do i have any right to be upset? I guess i was going to get it in anyways, but this felt like he thought maybe i had AK or something and wanted to appear weak.
Definitely a weird angle shoot, but one that gives away how strong they are in the future.

Id stow it away as good info to remember.

Also, how did he know you have KK? Clearly he spotted a major leak in your game if he was that easily able to know. (Likely a tell and the fact you chk/called)

Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a weird angle shoot, but one that gives away how strong they are in the future.

Id stow it away as good info to remember.

Also, how did he know you have KK? Clearly he spotted a major leak in your game if he was that easily able to know. (Likely a tell and the fact you chk/called)
Once you know someone plays like that, it is easier to deal with. I was playing Rook against my dad the other night and he was holding a trump card where I could see it. But I remembered he likes to be sneaky, I played my boss card in that suit and he tucked his trump card back in his hand, played in suit, and I set him that hand. I don't mind people being a little sneaky, by showing cards or playing out of turn. I just don't like people being sneaky with the chips.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like an angle shoot or slow roll to me. Kind of a slimy thing to do...

bstyles85

bstyles85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kind of a scum bag move on his part. Did you make sure to call him out on it?

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
People love behavior like this today. Twitter is probably overrun with people right now talking about how awesome this guy is.

WhereDidMyEVGo

WhereDidMyEVGo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was an angle you can take comfort in the fact that the end result was going to be the same anyway. They just made themselves look foolish in the process.