I fold with A and K, did I hit it?

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was in a cut off tournament with blinds of 100/200, had 2670 and the UTG2 guy bet 800 and got behind some 2400 chips. I just paid and the others folded. On the flop came Q Q J and guy gave all in. I thought he should have AQ or AJ and I folded. This table ended my tournament because I got 8 BBs. Did I play badly?

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made your decision mate.The decision is yours.Sometimes AK lose for a simple 33 or 22 ,55 etc...

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decision is very important, plus you must have checked the guy decision,how he plays is he loose is he aggressive stuffs like that. How much he bluffs etc....

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have reraise them all in pre flop with that hand, under the assumption that I dominate the ace hands and the small pocket pairs probably fold so most likely he should fold but even if he calls me I'm still in a good position

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It also depends on how invested you allready are in this hand. If you felt like your remaining stack would put you way behind compared to others then you should ve just called and take the risk.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the goal was to make the money at the bubble why even call preflop just save those chips. I've folded AA preflop with only one more to bust if I am not safe from busting out due to stack sizes..

Folding in Poker