EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm going to do a how would you play it series. I think it will be fun and should get a lot of discussions, so I will start with the first hand:

$0.25/$0.50 NLHE 6-Max 6 players

Hero (CO): $69
Villain (BN): $50

Pre flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K 6

Folded to hero Hero raises to $1.43, BN calls $1.43

Flop: ($3.46, 2 players) 9 7 A
Hero bets $2.58, BN calls $2.58

Turn: ($8.37, 2 players) Q
Hero bets $6.28, BN calls $6.28

River: ($20.33, 2 players) 4
Hero bets $13.75, BN raises all in $39.71 , Hero calls $25.96

So how would you play it and what do you think Villain has??

Last edited:
TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are missing the river card. I am assuming is a diamond?

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Hello Sarah !

This is nice pot !!! I would have played this situation a little slower than you. I guess you played this hand for value. You made a good call to the river!I only guess your rival has a high flush A ??? LOOL !!

Did I guess ? hah

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello Sarah !

This is nice pot !!! I would have played this situation a little slower than you. I guess you played this hand for value. You made a good call to the river!I only guess your rival has a high flush A ??? LOOL !!

Did I guess ? hah

I will give the results later :)

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with limited info on the villain this is a pretty standard call. Does he ever have an ace in his hand? I think he 3 bets pre with any Ax, i think most likely he has maybe 8d Td or 5d- 8d. He has those mainly because the extra str8 outs give him the odds he might need if he is a fairly standard math player.

I have mixed feelings about your line here. If he has the A-high draw, he is not folding top pair with a nut draw, so you are throwing good money after bad. We want to keep him in the pot with his 2 random diamonds so that he thinks he is best if another diamond lands, and to keep the pot smallish if we don't hit our outs. At the same time, because this is not the standard line for a draw (check call, check call) he may put you on 2 pair like 97o and be fairly certain he is best with a baby flush. Also, if your diamonds doesn't land, you now can take a stab at it on the river and fold to a raise.

As played, i wouldn't mind a check raise on the river. 2 pair would probably slow down once that 3rd D hit. If he checks it back would he really call a bet anyways?

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst senario is ;Villain should have A-5 dimonds to go all in on that river but naa he had only A-4 or A-9 and no dimonds or may be pocket 4 or pocket 6 and tried to reprsent the flush with his all in

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The result:

Villain (BN) A T (Pair of aces)
Hero (CO) K 6 (a flush, King high)

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha Villain went all in with top pair and a medium kicker

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow, that was not what i was expecting... I don't think i could manage to get it on with AT there, guess he figured he had a blocker card and a pair? Good call!

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I would raise K6s into the button and the blinds. Even 6 handed its too loose. I'm surprised the neither of the blinds came along. They were getting pretty good odds. I like the C-Bet, but not the turn bet.

You are out of position against a hand good enough to cold call your open and CB.with an ace on the board. What is your plan if you don't complete the flush on the river? Will you bluff? How much?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a raise is very necessary here. We don't want to turn this into a family pot where the bttn limps and the binds come along. Bttn probably raises here anyways with his cards as well, so our raise gets more respect from the blinds than bttns, and combine that with the ability to just take down the pot right there with a marginal hand i think it is the right play.

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i honestly would put him on a straight draw with cause he just called the bet after the flop and no raise but he does raise the river like he was waiting for the flush draw all along only thing is the odd of him having 2 diamonds and one being the A is pretty low so my honest answer is i would probabley call but i dont win tournament very often i do place in the money quite a bit

fiddlesticks123

fiddlesticks123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain was a donk lol. I put him on a set before the result was revealed and even then the shove on the river was a donk move with 3 to a flush on the board. Lucky you hit your flush I guess with all that semi bluffing :)

Cok1973

Cok1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm going to do a how would you play it series. I think it will be fun and should get a lot of discussions, so I will start with the first hand:

I think so:
Hero raises to $1.43 this is mistake
Villain has A and 10

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would check/fold the turn. I think he has JT

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I love this series Evertongirl call here all day long think opponent has a flush possibly the nutflush:eek:
Amazing how often second nut flush runs in to the nut flush never ceases to amaze:)

C

cbrig6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
just input from some noob

I would hope the villian had a Q of diamonds but i feel he might have been bluffing and it certainly cost them.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre.
How do you fold this pre?!?!?!? suited king, late pos. at six-max??? You are super strong, only losing to an ace or a pair or a big king preflop! Remember, position is everything, and only the button is better than co.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks perfectly ok to me.

How do you fold this pre?!?!?!? .

K6s from the c/o isn't an automatic open for most,without fish in the blinds so folding pre would be perfectly ok.

Last edited:
DeeNice002

DeeNice002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe I wouldn't have played it as aggressively since i was only on a Draw on flop 6 handed in play makes that less of the chances to hit my Diamond on the turn but so many outs that it makes it easy to shove on turn. Well played and i believed it was AX glgl to all and many blessings