How would you have played it?

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Just a hand that I'm not sure I've play right.
What is your opinion? How would you have played it?
I guess a lot of people would have 4 bet preflop but being against a tight player who doesn't 3 bet much, I preferred just call the 3bet.
pokerstars Hand # Hold'em No Limit (€0.02/€0.05 EUR)

Table 'Ulla III' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: HERO (€9.89 in chips)
Seat 2: P1(€5.07 in chips)
Seat 3: P2 (€4.10 in chips)
Seat 4 P3 (€4.81 in chips)
Seat 5: VILLAIN (€6.47 in chips)
Seat 6: P5 (€5 in chips)
P3: posts small blind €0.02
VILLAIN : posts big blind €0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Ks As]
P5 : folds
HERO : raises €0.07 to €0.12
P1 : folds
P2 : folds
P3 : folds
VILLAIN: raises €0.38 to €0.50
HERO : calls €0.38
*** FLOP *** [6h Ad 9d]
VILLAIN : bets €0.48
HERO : calls €0.48
*** TURN *** [6h Ad 9d] 3♠
VILLAIN : bets €1.15
HERO : calls €1.15
*** RIVER *** [6h Ad 9d 3s] Q♦
VILLAIN : bets €2.01
HERO: folds

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on what you call tight. I can go either way on 4 bet or flat pre. I think I prefer the 4 bet but flat is ok in position vs a tight range. I like the flop flat. I think we need to raise turn here after V puts in over 1/3 of their stack. If V is raising wide we can charge flush draws. We let Vs bluffs of the hook but I think that's ok with one pair hands where Q, J, or diamond rivers could be problematic. We also fold out JJ, QQ, KK but those hands probably wont triple barrel anyway unless they improve. As played QQ, and AQ get there but V really shouldn't have any flushes if your tight read is correct. KJdd would be a surprising 3 bet from the blinds and KTdd even more so. This is another reason why I prefer the 4 bet to narrow ranges, win outright sometimes and give ourselves a better chance of seeing at least the turn. We should only be loosing to AA, QQ, AQ here most of the time (maybe 99). Not very many combos, how good is our read? Goes back to "depends on what you call tight" again but against some players I may call this river.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKs, AA and KK i play them fast like 4bet/broke, Ako call IP and 4bet OP and postflop i would've play more agressive like check raise or cbet 2/3 PSB depending on position.

P

Phil2307

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it depends on what you call tight. I can go either way on 4 bet or flat pre. I think I prefer the 4 bet but flat is ok in position vs a tight range. I like the flop flat. I think we need to raise turn here after V puts in over 1/3 of their stack. If V is raising wide we can charge flush draws. We let Vs bluffs of the hook but I think that's ok with one pair hands where Q, J, or diamond rivers could be problematic. We also fold out JJ, QQ, KK but those hands probably wont triple barrel anyway unless they improve. As played QQ, and AQ get there but V really shouldn't have any flushes if your tight read is correct. KJdd would be a surprising 3 bet from the blinds and KTdd even more so. This is another reason why I prefer the 4 bet to narrow ranges, win outright sometimes and give ourselves a better chance of seeing at least the turn. We should only be loosing to AA, QQ, AQ here most of the time (maybe 99). Not very many combos, how good is our read? Goes back to "depends on what you call tight" again but against some players I may call this river.
You're right, I should have maybe raise the turn. But regarding the way he had played so far and how he played this hand, he seemed very strong to me. It's painful to fold this kind of hand especially with an As on the flop but my feeling(read) was telling me not to go too crazy. I'll never know :)

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played. You only split pot vs AKo. And win vs random bluf (10% time)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not an easy fold. But opponents, including interest rates clearly something played. Maybe the QQ arm got stronger on the river.

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Just a hand that I'm not sure I've play right.
What is your opinion? How would you have played it?
I guess a lot of people would have 4 bet preflop but being against a tight player who doesn't 3 bet much, I preferred just call the 3bet.
PokerStars Hand # Hold'em No Limit (€0.02/€0.05 EUR)

Table 'Ulla III' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: HERO (€9.89 in chips)
Seat 2: P1(€5.07 in chips)
Seat 3: P2 (€4.10 in chips)
Seat 4 P3 (€4.81 in chips)
Seat 5: VILLAIN (€6.47 in chips)
Seat 6: P5 (€5 in chips)
P3: posts small blind €0.02
VILLAIN : posts big blind €0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [Ks As]
P5 : folds
HERO : raises €0.07 to €0.12
P1 : folds
P2 : folds
P3 : folds
VILLAIN: raises €0.38 to €0.50
HERO : calls €0.38
*** FLOP *** [6h Ad 9d]
VILLAIN : bets €0.48
HERO : calls €0.48
*** TURN *** [6h Ad 9d] 3♠
VILLAIN : bets €1.15
HERO : calls €1.15
*** RIVER *** [6h Ad 9d 3s] Q♦
VILLAIN : bets €2.01
HERO: folds

I have to reraise him at some point to findout if he has trips or 2 pair. I could never just keep calling and then fold the high pair with a good kicker. It would probably happen post flop or turn. Post-turn he is more likely to fold his draaw to a big raise. If he reaises big he may have the trips or two pair, or maybe he is trying to value bluff his draw... if he just calls I'm suspecting him of the diamond draw he eventually gets on the river.