How to play on tables when everybody Limp ?

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anybody advise me how to play on tables when everybody Limp and then Call me if I ROL? What usually happen is that very often I am in a multiway pot without connect anything and spewing money

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play good hands aggressively. Raise it up. No need in confirming to the the soft play. Give your table mates some problems. You do not want several limpers to see the flop when you have a good hand. Isolate the hand by raising it up. Generally when everyone is limping in i will come along with medium hands like suited aces and connectors to see a cheap flop. Playing tight until you have a good hand then be sure to bet it a good amount. You can also throw in a few big bets here and there to steal the blinds. Especially if the many limpers have been constantly folding to aggression. If your opening bet is strong enough the limpers will not be calling without a hand. Set the tone that you will not be letting them see a cheap flop when you have a good hand. Picking up dead money a few times an hour adds up.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on your playing style and how they limp - i like aggressive play getting them to pay to see flop turn and river.

players constantly limping has a tendency to always call and overpay holding pair or two pairs

be prepared to just check and loose on the river but get them with a monster hand

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Be very happy if you sit on a table like this because it is like printing money in the long run.

Obviously there is no need to have any kind of light raising/bluffing range pre-flop if you get called. So raise up the premium starting hand as much as someone will call you with.

And if you can see a cheap flop in position with the lower pp (22-66), Axs. Kxs, plus most Connectors and Broadways that you not raise for value you say thank you for that opportunity.

Regarding post-flop it's no law to continue betting if you miss, you get lot of chances to bet when you hit or have a good draw on a table there thy call you pre-flop most of the time.

So be patient and mostly bet for value when you have good hands (only start bluffing if they start to fold).

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I do not like having those players who constantly "limp" on the table ... so when I get a good hand I will play it very aggressive ...! and every time I have the chance I will play very aggressive ... that way that opponent will think twice before making "limp" again

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playing your top range and raise it up every chance u get.

T

TurboBoniek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have same problem.
well i just start read about playing poker and no limp
then i try corect my gameplay and play stong hand etc.

and most of th time i lost with limpers where i have really nice pairs AA KK QQ JJ and 10 etc suited AK AQ
and most of the times im out of tournamenst becouse they take lucky river
any advice to me
or maybe i should stop play freerolls and start play only cash games where people know value of money?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If everyone calls, only bet if you have it.

T

TurboBoniek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well but is so confusing becouse for example You 3bet with pair of KK and somebody play lets say with 8/Q and on flop they get 8QK . I will raise and then somebody re-raised me , Turn is coming 8 and what i should do in this situation ? fold and dont check ?
im so confused
and im sorr if i ask stupid question but seems like longer i play less i know and that make me irritating .:D

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anybody advise me how to play on tables when everybody Limp and then Call me if I ROL? What usually happen is that very often I am in a multiway pot without connect anything and spewing money
Depends on what type of hand you have. There are hands that do not play well multiway and hands that do play well multiway. It also depends on your position.

The first group of hands plays well multiway. Hands such small pocket pairs, higher suited connectors and gappers, (and more rarely lower suited connectors), sometimes you can play even looser with weak tables in position. You can limp these hands AFTER someone else has already limped. These hands have what is called good 'implied odds'. It means you make a small investment (call) for a chance to win a very big multiway pot with what could become a strong hand. In the long run you will win more than you invest (the investment is small a bunch of small limps). Your goal with small pairs should be to hit a set and hope the opponent hits some top pair he can't fold, otherwise give up to a bet on the flop unless you have good pot odds to continue to the turn. High suited connectors can make a strong flush or straight. Low suited connectors you should lean to avoid especially out of position unless its a very weak table because you can still be outplayed on the flop if you have just a draw. A very important thing is that if you have an aggro player to your left who isolates limpers a lot you should tend to avoid overlimping (limping after somone already limped) with such hands and if you're in early position I would just fold them.

The second group of hands are hands with good absolute strength (that can make strong top pairs), like Broadways and Ace high hands. (Ps: non suited Ace high hands don't play well postflop). But you don't want to play these multiway because straights and flushes are common multiway, so it's better to isolate to try to play heads up (3bb + 1bb per limper or even higher if needed).

If it's a low stakes fishfest you can consider donk betting 2 pair or better hands on the flop assuming the board texture isn't too draw heavy (donk betting a draw heavy board with top pair or 2 pair would be suicidal), and include more speculative hands in your overlimping range. The reason for this is if its a passive table everyone may check and get to see a free turn card.

Also. Thing to consider with this kind of stuff is not to put yourself in a situation where you have to play against an aggressive player out of position postflop. The more in position you are the more you can deny equity to others and the more control you will have over the pot.

Also. Don't try to isolate if they will all just call you, either stick to the hands that have good implied odds or find a raise size that's big enough to get heads up with someone (there is always a size for this but it can get quite big sometimes)

Also be mindful of the shortest stack at the table. Read about stack to pot ratio. Your implied odds will shrink if somone is shortstacked and you risk being shoved by them.

Hope that helps. That's how I understand it. If I've said anything that's not quite right someone please correct me.

Last edited:
S

Smok5_Js

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I smash the pot if all limp and that if i know the table. :cool:

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that situation I think and it always works for me, but not at all tables, to play aggressive because everyone will always fold that does not mean all in only with large sums and wait for your hand to come out or the other one to fold

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At a table full of limpers you want to iso raise them again and again with a reasonably strong range.

You also need to make sure you are adding extra bb's for each limper, as well as when you are OOP (out of position).

For example:

Your standard raise is 3x, you have AJ on the button, and there are two limpers. You should raise to 5x.

Your standard raise is 3x, you have AJ in the small blind, and there are two limpers. You should raise to 7x.

This is the fundamental mechanics of how to beat passive low stakes games which I discuss in all my books, youtube videos etc. You need to know this stuff by heart.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have suggested, play tight, raise pot, and play a solid fundamental post-flop game. In the case that the pot bet doesn't get limpers out of the way considering raising a tad more.

dartablasta

dartablasta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont really know how to play vs limpers, so i came here to find a solution because i always bet x5 vs limpers and im still loosing , i hope to find the light vs those players

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In MTTs you can wait until entering the middle stage and start moving all-in with any reasonable holding. Pot overbetting should be enough to reduce the field in cash game. Tight solid playing style is clear. You may put suited connectors in your arsenal because a lot of limpers give you the right pot odds (position is of great importance) to call, waiting for a monster hand.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after sitting a little at one table, go to another, if you were not comfortable there. Personally, I do this a lot and it helps.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If every wants to limp, raise the hell out of them, many will not play marinal hands and will fold.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make big raises and 3-bets. Play your premium hands super aggressively. It's not enough to bluff, bet more on the value.:)

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, do x3 and lose to pocket cards, they think that only noobs limp, but I don't think so.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Playing more aggressive, that's the only way to get to win the pot.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to raise and see their reaction ;)

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at the same table with such players. When I have a strong hand, I bet big bets and they pay. If I have a mediocre hand, then for cheap I can enter the game with them and see what happens next.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just limpd on a similar hand hâd thebest flop but lost ob the river. I shoud have bet on flop.