thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is the first time I'll attach an image.
How to avoid losing too much in this situation?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
See my thread for some 888 specific tips.

In general, you can't avoid losing in these spots sometimes. However in the long term this kind of drawing player should lose. Bet bigger to get the most value out of them.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some might advocate a small defensive bet. Checking and calling small bets only might be the standard play, here, which would probably be my first choice if losing the minimum is the objective. Trying to represent a stronger hand is always an option depending upon how the betting has went up to this point, but this isn't a good strategy to 'lose the minimum'.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to post either a hand history text or a video showing the action. Knowing the hole cards and the deck tell us nothing about, how the hand was played, or possible mistakes made.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
need more info on how the hand played out to give a proper answer.
If you want folds there I would 3b his B open and bet 66% plus on turn. With the specific hand he has you probably need the double barrel to get the fold.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for trying to show us, small pocket pairs, I just try to setmine with. I never get too invested.

D

dungnc284

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play slowly and learn the opponent carefully

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like boat mining

When I have 66 on flops like 33-A I gamble it up. A-3 is a made hand ace one pair is more common and weird 5-3 has trips. Betting is medium in these situations sometimes so I call some bets to turn river a 6 improbable always pays but big and if I'm up against aces full then oops rarely happens,same as hitting my 6 on the turn

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is nice to see your cards and see a small pocket pair there - immediately thoughts about winning a huge pot appear. In a multi-player pot, this is an excellent hand, but beware of big pre-flop raises. And don't be afraid to raise medium-sized if your stacks are deep.

In a one-on-one game, these hands are also good, especially if you are in position. And in some situations, you can make value-bets with these hands, even if they are not strengthened.

But if someone reraises preflop, do not call automatically - this is a mistake. Calling large reraises with small pairs is absolutely unacceptable. Of course, it’s great to get a set in a huge pot, but this doesn’t happen often enough to make a long-term profit.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In this situation, your image is not enough. To analyze the distribution completely, you need to see how your card was played preflop, flop, turn and river. And also know at least approximately how your opponent plays. Whether he is loose, nuts, professional or other player. Then it will be clear how to save money in this distribution. In each distribution there are a lot of factors that influence the distribution result. In order to understand this, you need to watch the training videos on YouTube and read poker literature.