How to play a string of good cards?

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a situation where i was getting a ton of good hands like jj, ak, qq, tt etc and didnt know how how to play because after 5 or 6 hands of playing aggressive they would start playing
back at me and and pushing me off a good hand or would suck out on me. What should i do, just play fit and fold for a while and abc poker? Thanks

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can assume that you tend to overestimate pocket pairs. And therefore you play them too actively on the flop and further along the streets.

In addition, some players do not believe that the villain (in this case it is you) came several strong hands in a row, and they consider the second, third, fourth hand, in which you demonstrate a supposedly strong hand as a bluff.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play like you'd normally play , yes at times it may feel that you are "bullying" the table. If you slow down however and let people come along those top hands will get murdered by Fair hands people jump in with.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Actually, I think this question also can fit to tournaments and it is an interesting one.
Depending on the hands, it can be just a nice situation somehow, because your opponents may start to think, that you overplaying your hands somehow and call you with mediocre hands. On the one hand nice, but on the other hand it also can be dangerous. You need to determine on the flop, I guess...