How often do you play suited connectors?

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently made the switch from tournaments to cash. Have made some greats plays and had some great losses. So far after 30k hands I'm breaking even playing .10/.25 cash.

How often are you playing 65 7/8 9/10 J/10 8/10 J/9? I have been 3 betting oppenents with these hands early and late position preflop to keep them guessing. Not all the time but often.

Any advice? Thankyou!!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently made the switch from tournaments to cash. Have made some greats plays and had some great losses. So far after 30k hands I'm breaking even playing .10/.25 cash.

How often are you playing 65 7/8 9/10 J/10 8/10 J/9? I have been 3 betting oppenents with these hands early and late position preflop to keep them guessing. Not all the time but "often".

Any advice? Thankyou!!!
I try to play them infrequently and only when I can get into the hand fairly cheaply. If I get one or more callers, I'm almost always behind, which means I'm going to have to continue the bluff in order to maybe fold out villain(s). That can get expensive. I will try to steal with them though.

I'm curious how you've been doing playing them often? Just "breaking even" doesn't sound like that strategy is working as well as you would like?

Last edited:
T

Temirgali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With connectors I play often, and in the upper and lower. Just need to be able to throw them away, if not hit. With a successful hit, such hands often bring good profits.

T

Temirgali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play according to the scheme depending on who went out and at what stage. If you consider that you mainly play in pairs and high cards, with a successful table structure for your cards, you can remove a good bank.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has me feared at the table. You become table captain very quickly. It's cool when I have a monster they don't know. I need to do it less often. More I think about it. It is affecting my profitability.

B

Britto1211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not as often as the professionals because i see so many players burn with it. I personally only shove 10's and higher

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that professionals can often afford to play with the cards below 10 . But I don't like to risk to play the same way higher than 10

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

How often are you playing 65 7/8 9/10 J/10 8/10 J/9? I have been 3 betting oppenents with these hands early and late position preflop to keep them guessing. Not all the time but often.

Any advice? Thankyou!!!
I play depending on the bets, never when there is a reraise, or when there is an all in unless it is a Q K and I still think so:icon_rr:

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If blinds are low relative to my stack and there are no raised pre-flop I'll almost always play them and at least see a flop.If they're crap cards like 34 or 23 then I'll probably fold if anyone raises more than the standard big blind, or my stack is less than say 15-20 big blinds.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play them alot on Stars,but never on Party.;)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the situation and the number of opponents.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends of it how many players are in hand and how many cheep is call .

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol,,,i just fold em.But connected,sometimes,,,,suited,useless.;)

TxFoldemPro

TxFoldemPro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any advice? Thankyou!!!
Suited connectors, for me, are great in position, min raise hands. Think bout what U do when flop comes flush/straight draws and you miss. These SCs are very profitable when hit and a good chance to steal with position. Also good to rep. A wide range.

GL
TxfoldemPro

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Any advice? Thankyou!!!

I like to use suited connectors in multi pot from late position. And I often push it to steel with short stacks!
In fact connectors have good win condition!

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I have money day and night I can play

A

alexloveshiswork

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Too broad a question....

HUHypers though.... 3betting suited connectors a ton to increase steals against a wide opener 80-100% So if you see a guy min raise you with J-4 10-6, you need to adopt this style unless you see villain adapting. (Also dont be scared to fold if you get caught in a 4bt pot with this type of weak 3betting hand.) There will be a point in time when the blinds increase to such a point where 3-bet jamming is more profitable than 3betting small. Also! Be sure to look at how much equity your hand has against certain ranges, as calling a 4bt with one of those slightly weaker hands, may still have good equity for the amount being asked to call against looser 4betting ranges.

9-Man. If you have more than 30BB you can consider raises from various positions. I do this, however I aim to do it as infrequently as possible in attempt to merge this crap with my perceived premium range. It helps you know where you are at, as people shouldnt be looking you up too often with crap. 30BB or less, i would be looking to squeeze these types of hands, also reraising from the button vs identified thief, opening the pot from CO with the top end of these hands. Look to Jam with 10BB or less.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I play them in late position, calling the tight players open raise who can allow me to maneuver when I might not hit. I like to open raise with them also (not that often) to mix it up. The experience I had with suited connectors in cash games is that it gets very big rewards to hit with those hands

A

Andrey Kabanov

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Any advice? Thankyou!!!

try to go with them in multi-way, I think that's a plus always the solution.

POKERKOKKI

POKERKOKKI

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ALMOST ALWAYS see the flop with these cards, if the opponent is not only a very AGRESSIRUYUT.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with position any hand can be played, not only suited conectors; i guess the idea is that you hit the flop multiple times than with overpairs or there are only hands good to balance the good broadway cards.

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game of poker ,game of luck. I prefer playing various "suited" connectors quite often. Because from my personal experience there is a greater chance to win more often. Since it's a game of luck and skills mixed.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will play QJ or
KQ s
uited, anything smaller usually just gets you into trouble. and only these depending on the table bets. fold to pre-flop all-ins of course.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ussually play them in late position early in the tournament.