How much do you need?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much do you think that luck and skill is involved in micro stakes?
I think its 60% luck and 40% skills due to lot of calling stations and unpredictibilaty of the player because almost every hand goes to showdown!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And there isn't lot of bluffing going on also,
Which is major skill part of poker.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Atleast once a week we get someone here who says they would win at higher stakes because of all the "bad" players at micros,,,,,it's like saying i can't hit the baseball because the pitcher's are bad.it doesn't work that way bro. :deal: (take the walk)

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Atleast once a week we get someone here who says they would win at higher stakes because of all the "bad" players at micros,,,,,it's like saying i can't hit the baseball because the pitcher's are bad.it doesn't work that way bro. :deal: (take the walk)
Baseball's game of proper skill like all othet outdoor games out there.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to be as far away from the luck factor as possible, so the skill that I need to achieve should be 90-95%! But that will never happen,and if so,then win at poker I'll never probably!

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a skilled player stakes won’t really matter. Skill involved no win your opponent is drawing to beat you etc. Sure they will get lucky and hit but over all you will win. Don’t mistake your own bad plays for others luck.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play table tennis with a whip cream batter, and there is no luck involved whether or not I hit the ball.:bandit:My last hand...I lost KQ UTG against 93o middleposition, he or she shoved all in, I was the only one to call.
Did I have to call___ NO!!!! always your decision!!!

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play table tennis with a whip cream batter, and there is no luck involved whether or not I hit the ball.:bandit:My last hand...I lost KQ UTG against 93o middleposition, he or she shoved all in, I was the only one to call.
Did I have to call___ NO!!!! always your decision!!!
What can i tell you man,
You wont beleive me.
In tournament i had AK in BB
A player shoved from utg(he was on tilt) as he lost his massive stack but still was average stack.
I called with AK amd he had 2 7,
Flopped a 2 and won

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What can i tell you man,
You wont beleive me.
In tournament i had AK in BB
A player shoved from utg(he was on tilt) as he lost his massive stack but still was average stack.
I called with AK amd he had 2 7,
Flopped a 2 and won

I don't believe you this story is just too unbelievable. Im in a state of shock

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have increased my luck level by playing and studying very hard. Being better than others is a very lucky feature in poker players. Hahaha

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yet I believe the skill is 75%, it is you who make the decisions to pay or not. The fact is that in this buy-in to many recreational, you need to calibrate your range of call, just that, nothing more.

L

laimisj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has a lot of luck involved, but if you play correctly, play according to your opponents, make the right calculation, you increase your chances. As far as I think poker is about increasing your chances by playing correctly.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its 60% luck and 40% skills due to lot of calling stations and unpredictibilaty of the player because almost every hand goes to showdown!
80% you need to play by skill, no matter what hand, the main skill and position

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything will depend on your goal if you play only for fun or for specific objectives, luck can affect your game but in the long run the skill and perseverance will be victorious, the micro-betting rooms are designed to mentalize players with intentions of advance that luck exists but that skill is your weapon to overcome it.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with bluffing being a "major skill". It's in your arsenal but it shouldn't be used that often. It should be in the form of c-bets in late position.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to constantly analyze the range of hands of your opponents, then you will be able to understand one hundred is able your opponent at the table.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I used to think just like the OP here. Then someone told me something I'll never forget.

I was arguing that higher stakes would mean less people not really caring about their bets because the value is so low. In micro-stakes who cares about that 75cent call, it's just 75cents

Then this guy told me: "What, you don't think there are whales at all levels of play?"

That question opened my eyes, he was right. There are people who don't care about that 75 dollar call, it's just 75 dollars...

That is how you have to think about it. These guys are just whales and we love whales, they are almost as good as fish!

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another comment I came accross in this forum (I cannot confirm, but hope to find out 1 day):
You're complaining about freerolls/micro stakes? So you think life gets more easy when the stakes go up? Keep dreaming!