How long does your average bad run last?

M

metameg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands and how many buyins would ya'll guess your average bad run last?

For example, I just had a session of about 750 hands where I lost 6.5 BI's, which I would say is about as bad as any run of cards I've had in a while.

I would guess that my "average bad run" would normally be about half this, maybe 3-4 BI's over a little less than 1,000 hands.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive been on bad runs that last over 6 months or 100k+ hands it's just and endless stream of crazy miracles getting their somehow.I'm currently experiencing another downswing at the moment it feels like i'm always on one at the minute. I lost 6 buy ins last night to people shoving 44 on ATJ boards me calling it off with AJ and them rivering a 4.When your on a bad downswing you just have to chuckle as you know the crazy beat is coming no matter how slim their chances.If you don't laugh at the beats it will drive you insane.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been running bad since I started playing. Guess I need to study more. 🤪

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched one of Doulk Polks videos last night about down swings where he said he had been on downswings that lasted one or two years with little bits of run good inbetween the bad runs.I feel like i have been on runs this bad over the years .There's no rule that says you cant be on a downswing for your whole life.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bad run is at 15 buy ins right now and counting in the last two days plus this mornings session.The usual stuff losing to two outers and draws when i get the money in good and cant win flips.Very frustrating because it two weeks of grinding down the toilet in a couple of days.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I been running bad since 2010. I cashed 22k that year which is kinda good for a micro player. IMHO..LOL

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine is currently for 2 live sessions, so I basically lost my winnings from the previous two good runs.

I hope it turns good tmrw, to start winning again.

More live losses ould be horrible, but in general with a normal BR about max. 6 looses.

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad runs can keep for 2-5 days but the problem is when that bad runs comes all together and then downswing comes for 6 months or longer.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Downswing over after about 17 buy ins and around 15k hands and last couple of sessions ive won 10 buy ins.Running at 52/bb100 over 1400 hands so it's time for others to feel the pain now.

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i let you know once it ends

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
live poker about a month. online about 5 years

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the bad spells are question of mental stability mathematically in headsup you have 50/50 but sometimes the bad hands become the winner
:wavey: