How effective can a high pair like AA or KK be?

S

spclftltc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally these hands must be raised in a pre flop from the beginning but you must take into account what kind of opponent you are facing if you are aggressive you could do an all in and so that maybe you pay, if you are a player who It is conservative, that is to say, play only good hands, you must make a triple of the big blind and even double it, and then see how the flop develops if you do not get double at the table it would be safe to raise the bet and better if in the Flop is a rainbow and avoid stairway projects or block them before the turn or the river by modulating the bet according to the stack of chips

The most important thing is to understand how each opponent plays so it is easier to be able to take away chips:D:p;):rolleyes:

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These can be tricky cards to play...

AA and KK are hands that either need to be shoved on pre-flop or at the very least 3BB because you don't want to have more than 1 or 2 people max in the hand.

I do agree that really does depend on who you are playing with also, because shoving or raising too high may cause everyone to fold and if the blinds are still small then you won't pick up very many chips and it will feel like the hand was wasted. Sometimes if you are playing against tighter players then it is better to only double the BB to cut some people out and wait for post flop to do a big raise or shove unless something scary falls on the board that may have you thinking you are beat.

Either way, AA and KK are not UNBEATABLE and I have had them cracked many times as well as cracking them myself. So, it really comes down to how much of your chips you are willing to risk.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you push.

The AA, KK, hand, uou need to get over your excitement, and size the bet to keep drawing them in. Getting AA or KK, shoving, and only winning the blinds because you shoved is such a waste, especially in early stages, when blinds aren't worth stealing.
Later in the tourney, when the blinds are way up there, blind steals may help get you ITM.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great cards to start with but,

You are starting with top pair. It is the next 3 that could make you nervous. Like 3 suited cards and you are not holding that suit or 3 in a row for a possible straight. I have been burned by both. Been playing at 888 Poker and you have 9 people at the table.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super effective if you get them 10x in a row.