How does everyone get the most out of AA

J

Jcapps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when u catch aa pocket or with the board how does everyone get the most out of it in a cash game ?? Just curious

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Hello friend.I think with AA the best way to earn the max value is ..... preflop you need to see your position big blind etc...after you need to protect your hand ....a 3-4 x blinds raise is good .if anyone raises you again its a good opportunity to double up probably he will have KK qq......I think this is the best way to gain max value at a flop because ....all in preflop with AA may cause fold to all the rest players.Good luck .

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the table for me. If I know the table is loose and I'm in early position I'll flat with Aces. Wait for a raise and a call and then reraise. I feel like people hate to fold in live games before the flop. I'm interested in hearing what other people do.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly comes back to bite me every once in a while but I like just calling preflop in early position with AA. You run the risk of getting 5 other callers and a random board of who knows who hit what. But in most cases I can get max value limping.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont slow play. Try to isolate down to one player to the flop. The more players goto flop the more vulnerable your aa is.

If you get value post flop, you are against a top pair at least. And you have to be alert for draws. Your best hope is if villain is the type to go nuts with top pair.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash game depends on my position, table image and the other players table images. So it's hard to say without a huge drawn out explanation.

Tournament I will raise 3-4 times the blinds, or 3-bet, or 4-bet or maybe go all-in if need be.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will raise aces every time. The problem with calling is once someone else calls, you usually will get the blinds as well. With so many people in the hand suddenly you are not even 50% to win the hand but if you raise and only get one caller you will have over 80% equity in the hand every time.Its also a great way of building the pot and that what you want to do. Even if you do just call and he has a hand like pocket 2's to pocket 9's and the flop is Q,10,3 rainbow. You cant count on a continuation bet and if you bet he will just fold. By raising pre flop you will most likely get the call and win the extra chips when he misses and folds.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would limp every once in a while but mostly I raise!

I

Izazul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to raise pre flop, depending on the flop and my position a check raise would be my next move. Then depending on the turn maybe an all in to take all his chips !!! That would be the best case scenario hahahah

Zloj_S_Msk

Zloj_S_Msk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to put all in before preflop if it's a tournament, if it's a cache that depends on the position either limping and all in or if the pot is closer to the button :)

Dusan

Dusan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make the most with AA, you got to bet most of your money before the flop comes down. The more money you shove in the middle preflop the more you'll be making in the long run.

S

siZz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u gotta raise pretty big. id say 3-4 times bb

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
To make the most with AA, you got to bet most of your money before the flop comes down. The more money you shove in the middle preflop the more you'll be making in the long run.
Not if everyone folds pre flop.

:bandit:

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA I just never play such a situation. always limp raise re-raise Allin.:rock:

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on preflop i rase in anyway, but not all-in. if you go all-in on preflop all fold and it's not good, after flop you will see how need to play this hand. all depends on the situation. I had to fold AA many times after the flop , of course I didn't want this))) but in the end I was right

PokerDragon99

PokerDragon99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are 2 ways I can imagine.

First if there have been some raises already, I would reraise preflop.

If there havent been any raises or I'm in an early position, I would just call to trap.

Postflop it depends on if I'm in position and how the Board runs out.

I would let others bet or bet very small and just call till the River.

There a good check-raise, maybe All-In, and everything is fine, if the Board doesnt open to Flushes or Straights.

Cok1973

Cok1973

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I already forgot when I had two aces

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it really depends on position and previous call/raise...in early position I min raise and hope for reraise...in mid p I raise 3 bb or more depends on table mood...in late or bb it depends on prior action...if there has already beena raise it's ok to reraise...I hate slow playing AA....seems someone always catches something better than single high pair...good luck...

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually 3-bet preflop, in any position. if I get re-raised I go all-in and hope for the best! its rare I fold AA pre-flop, but easy to do so : FLOP,TURN,RIVER, but rarely preflop. But I get really aggressive with pocket AA's most times

D

Dyosan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends

I think it depends on several factors such as stack, position, previous action on board and who do you play with, and many other.

I always try to maximize value by raising at least 3x from preflop and then bet 60 to 100% of the bank no matter what the flop is.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is important to remember that this is just a pocket pair, and its maximum equity is preflop. If you play passively, then you give your opponents a good chance of getting around with your hand worse. Therefore, play it as aggressively as possible. Raise, reraise and allin if preflop is required. If there is still a postflop, then play according to the situation, think with which hand your opponent could call you preflop. Think about its range. If he is a reasonable player, and not a maniac, then there should be no problems with reading hands. Put it at least on the looseest range of the cold call and then most likely you will not be mistaken in choosing further actions. And sometimes don’t forget to still fold with AA, when for example this is an important expensive tournament and you don’t know your opponent and his range for sure, or when the flop is very wet and your pair of Aces does not look very strong on it.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's more about getting most vs losing the least if they get cracked, witch seems to happen a lot in online micro games. Fine line to walk sometimes.So be very aggressive pre unless the table is being timid and folding a lot in this case might want to slow play, or if A hole is shoving to limps sometimes i just call n let him shove. But I rarely shove pre b/c i play micro & it can cause trouble. However still haven't found strength to fold aces preflop to someone else shoving in any situation

Last edited:
CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when u catch aa pocket or with the board how does everyone get the most out of it in a cash game ?? Just curious

Depending on the situation.
What is your position regarding the chip dealer, early or late. But the fewer players to stay on the flop the better for you. ;) good luck

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
All in preflop maybe ?? Lol . Or else I pray for at least a 3bet preflop , no many callers , a nice flop . Generally I play AA aggressively , but if the board is very wet , I am able to fold :)