How do you start a session?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you start off super nitty or do you start off maybe looking like a fish?

What table image do you use when you start a session?

I personally like to be super nitty first 3 orbits to get a good few of how my opp plays and adjust accordingly. I hate going into the flop and get checked raise, only to realized 20 hands later this player has a VP of 60% and a PFR of 40% and a Cbet of 0 and always check raises lol.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I guess its know when to hold em. Know when to fold em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run. There prolly three different ways you could use that method with. Your do for a first three hand hit 1-3. Start off one way. Your do for a second three hand hit 4-6. Start off another way. Your do for a third three hand hit 7-9. Start off a different third way. There I did it to you.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me personally, it really depends on what I am playing at the time for the question to be answered. So lets say I am playing a freeroll for example, I would normally stick to my tactics and nothing much would change (except for what I take from the table of players towards the end). That being said, I certainly like to play aggressive when a table is being weak on pots and checks, just to spice it up. Not saying this is a means to your solutions, just giving my side. It normally tends to open up the table a bit and you can get even a better read than you did before.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normal game. I do everything I can to win.
As time passes by I take notes on my opponents and adjust.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a tighter game. In this regard, when good hands do not come, I often Rock at the beginning of the session, but then I level out

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly observe the first round or two, then loosen up if the game allows it.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After two months grinding live cash game, I have came to adopt a style of play. Will play LAG for the first 2-3 orbit, show my bluff, 3bet on a draw and show when villain fold. Create a loose table image and then switch to TAG
It’s been working for me so far